The Book of Revelations, has it already happened?

RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 01:42 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I guess I don't really see a distinction between those three things. But that's just me.

One is naturally inspired by the mind and spirit due to the inexplicable character and reality of God.

The other is artificially inspired by something empty and purely illusory.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 02:15 pm
I don't know. If the effect, the altered spiritual state, is the same I'm not sure it matters whether it was induced by a plant substance, a human substance, or a psychological state. But that's just me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 02:16 pm
Re: The Book of Revelations, has it already happened?
RexRed wrote:

Maybe the heavens and the earth have passed away? Maybe we are already in heaven?

Where the hell do you live?

I can guarantee you that the dude hanging out on the corner down the street in this weather doesn't think he's in heaven.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:12 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Maybe the heavens and the earth have passed away? Maybe we are already in heaven?

I can guarantee you that the dude hanging out on the corner down the street in this weather doesn't think he's in heaven.

I think that what Rex is trying to say, Bella, is that Oangloss was actually right and Candide was worng. This really is the best of all possible worlds.

Laughing Drunk
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:45 pm
Oangloss?

Oh and Rex. . .

Are you serious?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:33 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
RexRed wrote:

And the dude hanging out on the corner is has his own mind do decide like everyone else.

One must be born into the new heaven.

Also the spirit may be in heaven while the mind is on earth. The mind should be in heaven also.

Matthew 6:19-24
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:40 pm
neologist wrote:
Oangloss?

Oh and Rex. . .

Are you serious?

Revelation
1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants--things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:42 pm
So then you would know the identity of the various beasts of Revelation.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:46 pm
Very precious little is written in the Bible concerning the war Jesus fought in hell with the devil while he was in the grave three days and three nights.

I think the Book of revelation records that incident, not the end of the world.

Revelation12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:55 pm
neologist wrote:
So then you would know the identity of the various beasts of Revelation.

One beast could have been science another could have been false religion, governments, monarchies (the law) there are four I guess.

Yet the reality of Christ has prevailed over these beasts.

These powers are in high places not earthly. They are SPIRITUAL wickedness.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 11:22 pm
RexRed wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Definitions (Merriam Webster)
Cycle: (n) 1 : an interval of time during which a sequence of a recurring succession of events or phenomena is completed *a 4-year cycle of growth and development*
2 a : a course or series of events or operations that recur regularly and usually lead back to the starting point b : one complete performance of a vibration, electric oscillation, current alternation, or other periodic process c : a permutation of a set of ordered elements in which each element takes the place of the next and the last becomes first d : a takeoff and landing of an airplane
3 : a circular or spiral arrangement: as a : an imaginary circle or orbit in the heavens b : RING 10
4 : a long period of time : AGE
5 a : a group of creative works (as poems, plays, or songs) treating the same theme b : a series of narratives dealing typically with the exploits of a legendary hero *the Arthurian cycle*
6 a : BICYCLE b : TRICYCLE c : MOTORCYCLE
7 : the series of a single, double, triple, and home run hit in any order by one player during one baseball game

Hmmm,

The cycles you see may be small battles still raging on but the war is over...

Did I interpret your intention right Mind?

Smile

Life repeats itself. Nothing changes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:07 am
RexRed wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
RexRed wrote:

And the dude hanging out on the corner is has his own mind do decide like everyone else.

Bad things still happen to good people. Are you saying that those who choose to not be homeless (which is a ridiculous statment in and of itself since very few people choose to be homeless) never have anything bad happen to them? Or that even in heaven, we are screwed?

Sorry but if we are anywhere, it's hell buddy.

And what the heck does "One must be born into the new heaven." mean?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:08 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
RexRed wrote:

I think that what Rex is trying to say, Bella, is that Oangloss was actually right and Candide was worng. This really is the best of all possible worlds.

Laughing Drunk

Maybe I don't know enough about what you are all talking about to intelligently converse about this but what the hell...it hasn't stopped anyone else before. :wink:

I don't know what/who Oangloss or Candide was/were/am/are....
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 10:29 am
RexRed wrote:
Very precious little is written in the Bible concerning the war Jesus fought in hell with the devil while he was in the grave three days and three nights. . .
What war? Where? Where are you getting this?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 10:39 am
Bella Dea wrote:
. . .I don't know what/who Oangloss or Candide was/were/am/are....
Pangloss, actually, a chracter in the novel Candide by Voltaire.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 10:53 am
neologist wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Very precious little is written in the Bible concerning the war Jesus fought in hell with the devil while he was in the grave three days and three nights. . .
What war? Where? Where are you getting this?

Lu 11:22
But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Corinthians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Comment:
These are not words describing a game of jacks. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 11:02 am
Bella Dea wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Bad things still happen to good people. Are you saying that those who choose to not be homeless (which is a ridiculous statment in and of itself since very few people choose to be homeless) never have anything bad happen to them? Or that even in heaven, we are screwed?

Sorry but if we are anywhere, it's hell buddy.

And what the heck does "One must be born into the new heaven." mean?

Even a homeless person can set their mind on things above rather than things earthly.

It is truly the ideology that people spiritually adorn themselves with that unlocks the door to heaven and prosperity.

I would say a homeless person is more likely to visualize heaven than a rich man.

Are we already in hell? Some are...

Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 11:54 am
Merry Andrew

You have inspired my interest in Candide could you possibly explain your reasoning and how it relates to liberty versus law?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 12:35 pm
Anyone care to define a Nicolaitan?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 06:48 pm
neologist wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
. . .I don't know what/who Oangloss or Candide was/were/am/are....
Pangloss, actually, a chracter in the novel Candide by Voltaire.

Thank you, neo. Ididn't catch that typo until a few minutes ago, re-reading this thread. Extremely obese manual digits.
0 Replies