BDSM

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:05 am
OK, here it is. There are millions of men and women who seek out places where they can be happy. They want to be tied up, beaten and tortured, humiliated and insulted.
Many of them want to live as slaves, completely dominated by somebody. They are willing to pay for all this punishment.
Am I normal in thinking that these people are not quite alright? How can anyone love pain?
Any opinions on this weird phenomenon?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,145 • Replies: 40
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:35 am
First off, let me say that... people are weird. Razz

And some of the more weird manifistations come out in sexual activity. Maybe because we're taught that sex is a taboo subject so, if you are already in the taboo region why not make it the place where any/all taboos can be broken?

Anyway, some of the people are looking for attention, some prefer to abdicate responsibility and some prefer to take on responsibility. Generally though, that only happens in limited circumstances. I think it very rare that you'd find someone that is "completely dominated" that would have anything to do with the BDSM lifesytle (Methinks you are in the realm of general domestic abuse there...). The "submissive"/slave may only be submissive while at home and in the bedroom. They may very well be "in charge" in their daily life. The Dominant/Master may very well be someone that is in subordiante positions during their daily life. It's roleplay and escapism.

There are a ton of studies on this subjecta nd a lot of it centers on "who is in control?".
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 11:01 am
I didn't get it either until I watched "Secretary." It all makes sense now! Great movie, too.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:12 am
Yeah...great movie...."I want to be your SECretary..."

Match made in heaven.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:55 am
A true sadist would be one who refuses to gratify a masochist's desire to be abused Mr. Green
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:40 pm
I've broken each ankle several times while playing basketball. I never got an erection from the pain and I can't figure out how anyone ever could.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:44 pm
ok i can understand how some people get turned on by humiliation, domination, pain etc but bsdm never heard of it is it some sort of broad band connection?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:58 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
ok i can understand how some people get turned on by humiliation, domination, pain etc but bsdm never heard of it is it some sort of broad band connection?

My mom said it was bondage & discipline, domination & submission, & sadomasochism.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 05:59 pm
well mothers know best
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 06:00 pm
During a time when torture is condemned by almost everyone, there are millions of men and women who pay a lot of money to be tortured. They ask to be humiliated and thank the torturer by licking her shoe.
It has to be the sickest part of human behaviour, almost impossible to explain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 06:02 pm
you have a hard opinion on that opinionated one?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 08:00 pm
detano inipo wrote:
During a time when torture is condemned by almost everyone, there are millions of men and women who pay a lot of money to be tortured. They ask to be humiliated and thank the torturer by licking her shoe.
It has to be the sickest part of human behaviour, almost impossible to explain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM

BDSM doesn't have anything to do with paying money or torture
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:42 pm
stuh505 wrote:

I'm sure there are countless website operators, employees, contributors, and subscribers more than ready to dispute that with you, right down to the point of tax returns and billing statements Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:51 pm
Let's talk about sex, baby
Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex
Let's talk about sex

Let's talk about sex for now to the people at home or in the crowd
It keeps coming up anyhow
Don't decoy, avoid, or make void the topic
Cuz that ain't gonna stop it
Now we talk about sex on the radio and video shows
Many will know anything goes
Let's tell it how it is, and how it could be
How it was, and of course, how it should be
Those who think it's dirty have a choice
Pick up the needle, press pause, or turn the radio off
Will that stop us, Pep? I doubt it
All right then, come on, Spin

Salt'n'Pepa
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:49 pm
I know a man who's always cutting himself and wants his wife (now his ex-wife) to beat him. I think the man has some serious issues he needs to resolve.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 11:00 pm
timberlandko wrote:
stuh505 wrote:

I'm sure there are countless website operators, employees, contributors, and subscribers more than ready to dispute that with you, right down to the point of tax returns and billing statements Laughing

You seem pretty confident in that statement...but why? First of all, it's not torture, because there is no intent to cause serious injury or suffering. It's all an act of play. I don't need Wikipedia to tell me that they play by some rules called SSC and RACK to understand that. Secondly, I would imagine that like most sexual acts, they are not done with paying prostitutes...although it does not surprise me that their services can be accommodated.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 11:14 pm
I'm trying to figure out the gains of sadism and masochism. My GUESS, and that's all it is, is that often (not always) the sadist can only gain an erection if his mate will undergo abuse as proof of her love for him. I can't guess what is the logic behind masochism, but if you must be one or the other masochism has a built-in advantage over sadism. Here's its logic:

The masochist throws her/himself to the floor and says to the sadist "Hurt me."
After some thought the sadist answers "No."
After a time of writhing in frustration the masochist says "Thank you."

The masochist can't lose.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 11:39 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the gains of sadism and masochism. My GUESS, and that's all it is, is that often (not always) the sadist can only gain an erection if his mate will undergo abuse as proof of her love for him. I can't guess what is the logic behind masochism, but if you must be one or the other masochism has a built-in advantage over sadism. Here's its logic:
Quote:

Some dominants and sadists say they are motivated by the desire to give masochists the pain and pleasure desired by them. Thus the sadist is a pleasure giver and not one primarily seeking gratification from the suffering of others.

I find the above explanation more reasonable.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 11:54 pm
The BDSM community is full of consenting adults. So I consider it play. The real sickos are out commiting crimes and living in abusive situations for years on end.

To truly dominate someone in a sadistic way, I'd think it would have to against the others will. The pleasure would come from crushing another beneath yo feet. Power.

Same for a masochist. If you're really a masochist, you need to be hurt against your will in order to experience the loss of power, hence the pleasure of 'being taken'.

Disagree with me and I'll need to bring the whip into this discussion.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2006 07:35 am
Quote:
The BDSM community is full of consenting adults. So I consider it play.

That would make the whole BDSM movement completely legal and above-board. The professional Dominas are making a fortune by beating and humiliating clients who love pain and insults.
0 Replies