Fox World Series Dumbass Announcers

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:06 pm
Who are these pregame retards on Fox? Did they win some reality TV contest? And don't get me started on Joe Buck. I swear Fox's VP found him at some date rape bar that blasts Limp Bizkit with a tie around his head fondling some waitress's ass.

Oh ****. Now Mellencamp's going to sing that ridiculously mawkish post 9/11 song he sold to Chevrolet for a million dollars seconds after writing it.

That's right folks--this is our country.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 862 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:04 am
I don't agree with you re Buck (he's OK), but you're right on about the Chevy ads. Evoking ML King, Vietnam and 9/11 to sell trucks? Gives new meaning to the word "shameless".
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:23 pm
Honestly I've chilled out on Buck since the NLCS, my ire having peaked after his brief stint on Fox NFL Sunday with Bradshaw, Long, and Johnson, who might have brought out the overpumped fratboy described above. He actually doesn't interfere too much with idiotic color commentary and calls the game well.

However, I do remember ten years ago when Ueker and Costas were doing the World Series, and those are the standards I'm going by.

I still hold to my original opinion on that surfer dude and the Ice Queen, who dumb down the pregame show with their boring, sexually charged tete-a-tetes.
0 Replies