Politicians and Religion

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 03:54 am
real life wrote:
These thoughts that fall into your head.............is there a hole through which they enter?

Actually several holes. They come in smal packets which I have to assemble after recieving them. It's hard sometimes whithout a manual. :wink:

But I am well aware of where Norway would be today if it weren't for the allied forces of WW2. My english is better than my german, so I guess I feel good about it.

But that doesn't change that fact that the US has so many facist tendencies that it's scary. To deny that is ignorance.

An example comes to mind from the movie farenheit 911. A man is working out on his gym, makes a statement that bin laden is bad, but bush is worse because he bombs countries for oil. Some time after the FBI are on his door asking questions about this very incident.

The fight agains terror convinces americans to give up certain rights because they believe it neccesary. Where will that end?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 06:32 am
Cyracuz wrote:
real life wrote:
These thoughts that fall into your head.............is there a hole through which they enter?

Actually several holes. They come in smal packets which I have to assemble after recieving them. It's hard sometimes whithout a manual. :wink:

But I am well aware of where Norway would be today if it weren't for the allied forces of WW2. My english is better than my german, so I guess I feel good about it.

But that doesn't change that fact that the US has so many facist tendencies that it's scary. To deny that is ignorance.

An example comes to mind from the movie farenheit 911. A man is working out on his gym, makes a statement that bin laden is bad, but bush is worse because he bombs countries for oil. Some time after the FBI are on his door asking questions about this very incident.

The fight agains terror convinces americans to give up certain rights because they believe it neccesary. Where will that end?

Well, Cyracuz, if you are taking the propaganda movie F911 as gospel, I don't know that there's much benefit reasoning with you.

True, America is at war and has had to make some sacrifices ( being inconvenienced at airports, etc.) Just as in WW2 when we made sacrifices (rationing, etc) . That is the nature of war.

What is Norway doing to make sure Europe doesn't succumb to Islamic fascism , while you are worried about America?

Islamic fascists openly demonstrate in Europe carrying placards such as 'Behead those who Disrespect Islam'.

I think you're worried about the wrong country.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 07:07 am
F911 is not gospel. But if you're not willing to consider the information revealed in the film, (and in many other places) there's little benefit in reasoning with you

Quote:
What is Norway doing to make sure Europe doesn't succumb to Islamic fascism , while you are worried about America?

A central tactic is to include 'normal' muslims in society. They are our stronges allies in the struggle agains islamic extrimism.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 07:09 am
Quote:
True, America is at war and has had to make some sacrifices ( being inconvenienced at airports, etc.) Just as in WW2 when we made sacrifices (rationing, etc) . That is the nature of war.

If america's at war, then what's all that about terrorism? Wouldn't that make terrorism plain ole war tactics? Not ethical tactics, but when it comes to live or die, ethics tend to get parked.
0 Replies

peace

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 10:19 am
real life wrote:

Do you really think the Founding Fathers meant something other than 'God' when they said 'Creator' ? C'mon. Note that the previous paragraph makes explicit appeal to 'Nature's God'.

I think they meant what they said. The fact that they said Nature's God and not Christian God is telling. If they had said Christian instead of Nature's it would have drastically altered the meaning of the document.

real life wrote:

The Declaration of Independence is the REASON we have the Constitution, it states in no uncertain terms what the Founders believed the PURPOSE of government to be.

The reason the USA has a constitution is because the founding father thought it neccessary to write one. The DoI is the start of the rebellion that lead to the separation of the colonies from English rule. The consitution is the document that dictates the formation of a nation.

real life wrote:

Why should non Christians follow laws based on Christian beliefs? Ask the question the other way around: why should Christians follow laws based on non Christian beliefs?

What laws are Christians being forced to follow? This is the crux of the matter. Christians are more than welcome to follow their own beliefs. It's when they try to force their beliefs on everyone that there is a problem. Christian legislation attempts to limit liberties based on religious belief. Without the legal limits, Christian are still able to follow there own values, and other people theirs.

real life wrote:

The answer to both is that we have a representative government and if you are able to get someone elected who represents your view, he will assist in passing the laws.

And if you can't get someone elected, then the majority who did get someone elected will have their view represented.

That's the way it works.

Are you unaware of this?

Except that the separation of church and state is one of the cornerstones of US democracy. It is supposed to insure freedom of, and from religion to all.

Kind Regards
0 Replies

peace

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 10:26 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

If america's at war, then what's all that about terrorism? Wouldn't that make terrorism plain ole war tactics? Not ethical tactics, but when it comes to live or die, ethics tend to get parked.

No no, you don't understand, there are "rules" to war that must be followed or else your a "cheater". America doesn't like a cheater. It calls them names, disappears them, bombs countries, and generally behaves like a petulant brat.

You see, Europe made the rules from long hard fought experience with war. It basically amounts to this: if your going to kill someone, do it like a gentleman.

Kind Regards
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 10:43 am
Quote:
No no, you don't understand, there are "rules" to war that must be followed or else your a "cheater". America doesn't like a cheater. It calls them names, disappears them, bombs countries, and generally behaves like a petulant brat.

If there was a pokergame on live or die, and stakes were more than you could afford, would you just lay down and die then? Would you suffer lightly the petulance of a spoiled brat demanding you hand in your cards?
0 Replies

peace

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 11:02 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

If there was a pokergame on live or die, and stakes were more than you could afford, would you just lay down and die then? Would you suffer lightly the petulance of a spoiled brat demanding you hand in your cards?

"All is fair in love and war"

America's framing of the terrorists as terrorists is just part of the political game.

A reporter was visiting what had been described as a "terrorist family". She said there was no such thing as a terrorist family, terrorism was a tactic. What we are witnessing is a global insurgency.

Kind Regards
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 01:55 pm
I think I would agree on that.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 12:07 am
There are several things which distinguish Islamic terrorists from other opponents in a war.

Terrorists do not represent a country.

Terrorists are cowards who operate from homes, schools and other civilian locations thus using as shields the women and children that they claim to represent and defend.

Terrorists target civilians indiscrimately.

Unfortunately, the political left in America are generally unwilling to do what it will take to root out terrorists.

Many on the political left cannot even bring themselves to describe terrorism as inherently evil, since they believe that there is no such thing as inherent good or evil.

So they regard terrorists as simply harboring a 'different opinion', often trying to compare them to 'freedom fighters'

Ed Koch, regarding Cindy Sheehan wrote:
In an interview on CBS, Sheehan referred to the foreign insurgents coming into Iraq, who are condemned as terrorists even by other Arab countries, as well as the U.S. and Great Britain, as "freedom fighters."

from http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0905/koch.php3

'the Founding Fathers'

Quote:
U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D., Toledo) said...."One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown."

from http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73127970327425&Avis=TO&Dato=20030301&Kategori=NEWS10&Lopenr=103010151&Ref=AR
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:10 pm
The Assembly of God exists in the US.
0 Replies