What should we do about Halloween?

RexRed

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:48 pm
Maybe we could combined Halloween into Easter and have witch hunts?

Instead of easter eggs kids can hunt for the witch and get a trick or a treat? Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:50 pm
I love the old pagan festivals. I think that there's something deeply human about all of them. Something about how so many things have changed since humans first appeared but the weather and our reaction to it is basically the same from caves and furs through McMansions and polarfleece... sunny warm weather good, cold dark weather yucky. Cold dark weather needs celebrations to break the monotony and add warmth and light and cheer.

I think that's the basis of all of them, so I celebrate by having fun and celebrating warmth and light and cheer in whatever seasonal form it takes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:54 pm
I don't give a crap about the religious aspects of Halloween (Easter, too).
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:57 pm
Bah humbug, eh, edgar?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 05:02 pm
I always make my own special ho-hos for halloween. If you want to try it, here's my recipe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

First, I soak 1-4 oz. of castor beans in 12-36 oz. of distilled water, along with 4-6 tablespoons of NaOH or 6-8 ts. of commercial lye. After one hour of soaking, I then carefully remove the castor seed hulls, wearing surgical gloves. Then I take a 1:4 ratio of the beans and acetone, and puree it in a blender for approximately 4-6 minutes.

This mixture is then poured into a covered sterile jar, and then let stand for 72 to 96 hours. Then, using a commercial coffee filter and an identical jar to the one containing the acetone/castor bean mix, I pour the mixture slowly into the new container, thus filtering out the sediment. Then, using surgical gloves again, I mash the mixture as hard as due caution permits, to squish out as much of the acetone as possible.

Then I take the remainder and fill another jar with it, along with four times it's weight in CH3COCH3. When complete, the residue will be nearly pure ricin, of which, a dose of 0.4mg is lethal when ingested. And now we are ready for the ho-hos. Using the procedure above, I usually have enough ricin for at least a few dozen special ho-hos.

With a standard, fine-gauge hypodermic needle, I load a 0.4mg ricin and saline solution, and carefully inject my ho-hos through the packaging. If one is careful, the pinhole through the plastic packaging will be invisible to the naked eye. And voila! You have your very own halloween treats to give to the children when they come 'round.

Keep in mind, ricin requires 24-36 hours to produce initial symptoms of sever nausea, vomiting, disorientation, and cyanosis. Circulatory collapse follows within twelve hours. So don't expect immediate results. The best part is that anything under 0.25mg of ricin is undetectable, so no one will ever suspect a thing.

Happy halloween!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 05:04 pm
RexRed wrote:

Instead of easter eggs kids can hunt for the witch and get a trick or a treat? Laughing

Come after me Rex and you'll be laying some eggs.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 06:08 pm
Green Witch wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Come after me Rex and you'll be laying some eggs.

Rex has only treats not tricks... Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 06:57 pm
kickycan wrote:
I always make my own special ho-hos for halloween. If you want to try it, here's my recipe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

First, I soak 1-4 oz. of castor beans in 12-36 oz. of distilled water, along with 4-6 tablespoons of NaOH or 6-8 ts. of commercial lye. After one hour of soaking, I then carefully remove the castor seed hulls, wearing surgical gloves. Then I take a 1:4 ratio of the beans and acetone, and puree it in a blender for approximately 4-6 minutes.

This mixture is then poured into a covered sterile jar, and then let stand for 72 to 96 hours. Then, using a commercial coffee filter and an identical jar to the one containing the acetone/castor bean mix, I pour the mixture slowly into the new container, thus filtering out the sediment. Then, using surgical gloves again, I mash the mixture as hard as due caution permits, to squish out as much of the acetone as possible.

Then I take the remainder and fill another jar with it, along with four times it's weight in CH3COCH3. When complete, the residue will be nearly pure ricin, of which, a dose of 0.4mg is lethal when ingested. And now we are ready for the ho-hos. Using the procedure above, I usually have enough ricin for at least a few dozen special ho-hos.

With a standard, fine-gauge hypodermic needle, I load a 0.4mg ricin and saline solution, and carefully inject my ho-hos through the packaging. If one is careful, the pinhole through the plastic packaging will be invisible to the naked eye. And voila! You have your very own halloween treats to give to the children when they come 'round.

Keep in mind, ricin requires 24-36 hours to produce initial symptoms of sever nausea, vomiting, disorientation, and cyanosis. Circulatory collapse follows within twelve hours. So don't expect immediate results. The best part is that anything under 0.25mg of ricin is undetectable, so no one will ever suspect a thing.

Happy halloween!

I have 2 questions:

1. What's a ho-ho?

2. Are you giving them to your neighbours - the ones who don't have any blinds?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 07:09 pm
This is a Ho-Ho. Pretty much the same thing as a Yodel.

http://dts.ystoretools.com/1025/images/200x200/hohossticker.jpg

And of course I give them to the neighborhood kids! Well, I used to give a lot more of them out than I do now, but...well, there just aren't as many kids in my neighborhood as there used to be...I wonder why that is...little angels...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 07:13 pm
You don't have to do a damn thing to Ho-Ho's - the actual ingredients will kill you.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 07:15 pm
Thanks, Kicky - I don't know a Ho-Ho from a Yodel ...

I'm talking 'bout your neighbours who you spy on, buddy... Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 08:25 pm
I'm no spy! Smile

I was forced into a situation where I HAD to spy on them for a few weeks, but that situation has been rectified. They finally put up some blinds, like I asked them to.

But I would definitely welcome the opportunity to give them a whole tray of my delicious ho-hos. Maybe I'll do just that. Thank you for the idea, Mame. I'll let you know how it goes.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:52 am
This is hilarious, sort of. Shocked
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:04 am
I love Hallwoween. So many women use the opportunity to costume up and reveal their inner slut. Then I dj their parties and they get drunk and start acting slutty, I get my ass grabbed, AND a check. Are you shitting me? It's my favorite holiday.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 05:03 pm
How can you put a good face on Halloween? Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 06:21 pm
If you wanna dress up your dogs to look like they have rabies, DO NOT use wipp cream.

1They love it so youll just have to keep spraying whip cream on their muzzles when anyone comes over

2 Later, their GI systems react with the whip cream and , I dont even wanna talk about it. It was my sons idea and he was punished for it by mom.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 06:26 pm
RexRed wrote:

That's a very good line, Rex.

Farmer, how 'bout shaving cream instead?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 08:15 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
RexRed wrote:

That's a very good line, Rex.

Farmer, how 'bout shaving cream instead?

Shaving cream is not very healthy to ingest Smile

http://www.moscowfood.coop/archive/sodium-laurel.html

Thanks, the line just came to me and I posted it.

I was thinking about today walking down the isle at my local CVS store. It was rather culturally shocking for me.

Witches with glowing eyes, skeletons with parachutes (of all things) a treasure trove of dark imagery. I guess it is just not my thing.

There is enough evil in this world than to be mass manufacturing it and selling it to kids. The ugly realities of life come soon enough, my philosophy is, let them be children as long as you can.

Adults seem to have more fun with Halloween than the kids really do.

It is their schools that set the kids up for Halloween and other holidays. The minute one holiday is over the schools start on the next. They send the kids home with holiday materials a month ahead of the holiday. They lure them with candy...

So much for separation of church and state, why don't the witches of the ACLU go after Halloween? Maybe because they don't see Halloween as "Christian"...
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:25 pm
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Halloween is for children, and don't think parents will ever take that away from them, it's a fun time for kids. Religions are poking their nose into the silly holiday, bringing back from ancient history a bunch of hogwash about olden people trying to protect themselves from the dead. Now, that's really something for kids, and adults, to have a little fun with.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:49 pm
sunlover wrote:
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Halloween is for children, and don't think parents will ever take that away from them, it's a fun time for kids. Religions are poking their nose into the silly holiday, bringing back from ancient history a bunch of hogwash about olden people trying to protect themselves from the dead. Now, that's really something for kids, and adults, to have a little fun with.

I screamed when my parents put me in Santa's lap... I was 3 years old and still remember it.

Children cry on Halloween. I have seen it many times... how about a stroll in the park, some frisbee that is fun for kids too. Why scare the hell out of them? Is that your idea of "fun" really?

Make them cry in terror, something is backward here...

Is love fear?
0 Replies