• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 720 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 05:57 pm
Fantastic Aidan - really.
Both the picture and the poem

Here's the weird thing for me - I've been setting up a place to download some of my own pictures from (for the first time). I've just finished writing about a sunset (taken from a train window) - very similar sky (if half as skillful taken, and my poem's weak) but blimey- this gave me quite a shock
Shocked It's so 'on the same lines'

Not really sure what to do with it all now.
(scratching head)

Anyway, forget about that - your stuff's very moving, Aidan - nice one.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 10:11 pm
Endy - you're perceptive. That is a sunset - not a sunrise - but I had the idea for the poem (sunrise) and a bunch of pictures of sunsets, but no sunrises. Oh well, I guess that's what they call poetic license, right - or misrepresentation - or something.

Thanks for your kind words. You should go ahead and post your poem and picture. I'd be interested to see how it's similar and/or different. Just the gender difference alone would make it interesting - in terms of how a female eye/mind sees and describes something as opposed to a male eye/mind.

Thanks again for your encouragement.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 03:58 am
Hi Aidan

I've got the poem - but I can only 'copy image location' on the small thumbclip on my file. If I open my pic to full size and do 'copy image location' it doesn't work (Raven's Realm) - it's driving me slightly nuts!

Any suggestions?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 04:39 am
Endy - I use photobucket. You upload the picture and they give you three choices of format - the third is the full sized jpg image that works for me on this forum.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 08:28 am
thanks so much Aidan - I've already sorted it in photobucket (great recommendation) !

I'll start a new thread for my pic/poetry (totally inspired by your stuff, btw)

I've been doing a kind of art therapy involving "self" - maybe if I get brave enough I'll show those sometime!!! (along with the poetry)
I can see me really getting into photoshop - sometimes it's good to have a break from writing!
I realise I will also be able to put my own political art work on my Revolution thread! - why didn't I do this ages ago???

Very Happy

Thanks again,
Endy
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:05 pm
I put them on the death diary Aidan - and coming back here I realise (looking at your sunset) that I was right not to put them in photography!
Thanks again (sorry for messing up your thread)

Endy
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 01:44 am
What're you talking about? You didn't mess up my thread. I'm always happy when someone comments - especially as kindly as you do.

*And I forgot to say before - your poetry is really powerful Endy- and much more pertinent (in terms of subject matter) than mine. You should be proud of yourself for producing such a body of work. I'm looking forward to seeing your photography.
0 Replies