Microsoft Office IntelliType Pro keyboard problems

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 01:46 pm
This keyboard is supposed to do wonderful things, like enabling me to use keys instead of a mouse for things like cut and paste, accessing my browser and default email, etc. But it doesn't do that. Some of the keys work fine, like back and forward, and the toggle that moves between applications. But others, like the one that should access Word simply reports that this key assignment is not available.

All these features usd to work with my old computer until I switched to Firefox and Thunderbird. I accept that maybe the browser and email keys can't function with those two (though they should) but Calendar? Copy? Calculator? None of the keys in that top row work. (These keys are not the usual keys, but so-called "Hot Keys".

Has anyone had experience with this keyboard?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 694 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 02:03 pm
Have you tried running the Microsoft Intellitype Pro software that came with the keyboard and assigning the keys to the applications? If you don't have or can't find the disc you can download the software directly from Microsoft (for free).
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 05:13 pm
Microsoft Office IntelliType Pro keyboard problems
Yes, I just installed it from the CD. I wonder if all the Hot Keys may need to be reassigned...I didn't have to do that before, but maybe I should try that...
0 Replies