Credit Denied

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 10:13 pm
Credit Denied

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In these last hours it has become quite evident that fellow Christians have become enamored with themselves. Due to their lack of understanding of who or what Christ is, many have come to the conclusion that they are the only ones who will enter heaven. But, has anyone noticed Matt. 7:21-23? Has anyone noticed that those who are turned away are none other than Christians?

Some may say, "Well you don't know if those were Christians." Well, if One looks at the text it clearly gives us that information. If one will notice, those who were turned away are those who have done works in the name of Christ. Now we know that these could not be from other religions. This is because everyone from their religion prophecies or does works in the name of their religion. A Muslim, Buddhist, or Atheist does not proclaim or carry the name of Christ; therefore, they do not do any works in that name. Christians are those who carry the name of Christ and who do works in his name.

So why is Christ turning his own people away?

Are not Christians supposed to be the only ones who enjoy the comforts of heaven?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,147 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 11:02 pm
I do believe that the lack of understanding is resident in you.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 11:40 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I do believe that the lack of understanding is resident in you.

Oh wise one please illuminate us. We are begging you. Please let us partake of your wisdom?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 04:59 am
We?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:14 am
Where have all the fellow Christians gone?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:50 am
To hell !! Where else?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 09:21 am
What are the "comforts of Heaven"? Sitting around with a bunch of sexless Trolls listening to piped-in harp music?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 10:09 am
The worst of it is you have to die to get there. . .

Bummer Exclamation
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 12:01 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
To hell !! Where else?

Unfortunately you may be correct. LOL
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 12:02 pm
neologist wrote:
The worst of it is you have to die to get there. . .

Bummer Exclamation

That's what they have been teaching.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 12:22 pm
Of curse, you do recall it was God's stated purpose for humans to live indefinitely on earth. Wherever would he have changed his mind?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 01:37 pm
neologist wrote:
Of curse, you do recall it was God's stated purpose for humans to live indefinitely on earth. Wherever would he have changed his mind?

Maybe it was in a recent decision? Maybe he changed his mind? LOL
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 01:41 pm
That's not his claim:
"For just as the pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place, unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, and seed is actually given to the sower and bread to the eater, 11 so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55: 10, 11)
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:25 pm
Re: Credit Denied
Mindonfire wrote:
Credit Denied

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You really need to start with verse one and read the entire chapter. If you did and would you would clearly see that those verses are about people who CLAIM to be followers of Jesus, but are not. It is that simple. No mystery to it, and no turning away of the true christians.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:59 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Credit Denied

You really need to start with verse one and read the entire chapter. If you did and would you would clearly see that those verses are about people who CLAIM to be followers of Jesus, but are not. It is that simple. No mystery to it, and no turning away of the true christians.

LOL Listen to yourself. If those verses are about people who claim to be followers of Jesus then that includes all Christians. All Christians claim to be followers of Jesus. This means that this verse includes you.

So what is your point again?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:09 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Credit Denied

LOL Listen to yourself. If those verses are about people who claim to be followers of Jesus then that includes all Christians. All Christians claim to be followers of Jesus. This means that this verse includes you.

LOL Listen and PLEASE REMEMBER THIS TIME.
I DONT BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD.
I DONT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST.

Ok!
So no this verse does not apply to me. Thank you very much.

But beyound that your missed my point.

According the bible their is only two churches.
The Church of God
and
The Church of Satan.
Either you belong to God or Satan according to the bible.

Those verses are talking about those who belong to Satan but have so self-deluded themselves into thinking that they are Christain when they are not.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:22 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Credit Denied

The Church of God
and
The Church of Satan.

Those verses are talking about those who belong to Satan but have so self-deluded themselves into thinking that they are Christain when they are not.

If they are from The Church of Satan, then why are they casting out their own? Why are they casting out other demons? How are those that are of Satan doing many wonderful works? You make no sense. These are all professing Christians.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:14 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Credit Denied

The Church of God
and
The Church of Satan.

If they are from The Church of Satan, then why are they casting out their own? Why are they casting out other demons? How are those that are of Satan doing many wonderful works? You make no sense. These are all professing Christians.

Mind I am enjoying this discourse mainly because you are not making fun of me but actually asking questions of me. Unlike peeps like Frank and Set. Any how.

You are still missing the point.
Here it is.
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

That is the whole point of the matter is those that do the will of the Father are the ones who will be admitted to heaven according the bible, not just those who say Jesus is Lord, or Jesus Saves.

Shoot even the demons believe but they wont make it into heaven.
Jam 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

So you see, just saying and professing to be a christian does not make one a christian, what makes one a christian is doing the will of the father.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:57 am
Scott777ab wrote:
. . . So you see, just saying and professing to be a christian does not make one a christian, what makes one a christian is doing the will of the father.
I'll have to agree with you there, Scott.
(I hope you are not shocked by this. Laughing )
But what you fail to realize is that Mindy has an agenda which can be understood only by certified members of Mensa. And if only he were a member of Mensa, perhaps he would be more coherent.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:26 pm
Scott777ab wrote:

So you see, just saying and professing to be a christian does not make one a christian, what makes one a christian is doing the will of the father.

That is the whole point of the thread. Since your reading the other threads you should have figured this out by now.

So, if you are not a Christian, then why do you know this while other professing Christians do not realise this?
0 Replies