A sad day at Timberland -

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 03:35 pm
Timber
Timber, such a sad time for you. Dolly, Madison and I know you will still have happy memories of JoJo.

BBB Sad
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 03:39 pm
ok, the dog is dead. We have established that. I'm sure Timber has moved on and is, as we speak, looking in the window of a Wisconsin puppy store at a new dog.

Let Timber make his his decision.

LET HIM GET A NEW DOG!!!!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:02 pm
He still has other dogs, gustav. Don't you ever read the entire thread?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:03 pm
Oh. Ok. I will shut up now.

(I never read the entire thread)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:04 pm
But I realize now that I love Jane.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:06 pm
Oh, a new pup is a given any time there's an open slot ... and slots open up with some regularity - its sorta what we do here, though mostly a pup gets placed in new home, not a grave. We've quite unexpectedly lost 2 of our 4-footed family this year; Miss Mouse, one of The Ponies, left us this spring, and now JoJo.

We're sad, but we'll get over it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:06 pm
Oh! There must be a reason for that, gustav - you haven't gotten a hotel room in San Diego, have you?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:11 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Oh! There must be a reason for that, gustav - you haven't gotten a hotel room in San Diego, have you?

Look out your window, Jane. You see that dude in the hat, blinds partially unfolded, staring at you?

That's me, Jane.

Take it off, Baby!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:18 pm
You would have to get passed the guard and gate to get to my house -
and no it's not prison Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:21 pm
I hate that friggin guard.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 01:11 am
Really really sorry to hear that Timber.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 08:05 pm
timberlandko
I am very sorry that you lost your dog.

I accidentally killed a dog almost like you described. I am not the one who was the driver in your case because the dog I ran over did suffer for a short time. I just wanted to tell you as the driver I cried and did not know the dog. There was nothing I could do as the dog ran right out in front of me. The owner saw the whole thing. The guy was broken up but he saw and knew I was too and I did stop my car and I did get out. But, like I said there was nothing I could have done to prevent it or I would have. The owner and I spoke again later the day it happened and he was very hurt but he did not blame me for what happened. Just by writing this I feel better (I am sorry and do not mean it to offend you) about what happened that day knowing I killed an animal. That was in 1982. I still remember it and apparently still had guilt over it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 08:22 pm
Aw man, cant express my sorrow. Our dogs are special, each different one carves out a segment of our family lives , hope hers was a happy one.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:03 am
Timber, Sorry I missed this when it happened. Sending sympathies now.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:24 am
Wow.

Im sorry I missed this when it happend, though, there wouldnt be much I could do that hasnt been done.
Extend some virtual hugs, share the story of my dog(14 years old) who had to be put down due to problems with her hips, and sit at my desk and relive those feelings.. while attempting to explain how I can understand yours.

that about sums what I can do for ya. Not much, but it is sincere.
I do hope, given this amount of time , that you have begun to feel a little less of the painful slice that grief gives.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:32 am
timber,

somehow i missed this thread as well...

how's Big Sam doing thse days?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 09:19 am
Hey, thanks again, everybody ... I really appreciate the hugs and backpats. While we miss her, sure, we know she was a happy (though yappy) pup. It was just such a shock ... so sudden, so unlike her even to be near the road.

Last year was sorta rough on us critterwise - one of The Ponies, Miss Mouse, passed away after a brief illness in the spring, another pup, Katydog (one of our Katrina refugees) succumbed to cancer after a valiant battle - no surprise, we knew it was coming and it was very peaceful, and another pup, my bestest buddy Big Sam, was diagnosed with cancer earlier this winter, but came through a serious operation, gaining at least a few months of quality life.

Big Sam's doing pretty well, rp (back up to about 160-170 pounds), and thanks very much for asking. He and Mrs Timber were down in Madison for the weekend, visiting Mrs T's son, pregnant wife, and their pup Max - they'll be home this afternoon. Mrs T said he enjoyed the ride (no surprise there - he loves rides, as long as he gets the front passenger seat), and when they arrived he set right to work securing the neighborhood from squirrels. He also gathered up and emphatically took possession of all of Max's yard toys, which Max didn't appreciate very much.

Again, thanks all, for reminding me how lucky I am to have the fortune to know the critters that come my way, and thanks to all the critters for all the wonderful memories. For those who don't know, we take in "Problem Pups", pups local shelters deem unadoptable, and work to rehabilitate and socialize the waifs to the point they're able to adopt humans of their own. Usually, there are at least one or two of those in the pack. We belong to Wolf Resue, too, fostering wolves and wolf hybrids as well; they integrate with the pack pretty readilly, but they pretty much don't "move on" very often, since they're very "high maintenance" critters, and there really aren't a lotta folks actually capable of being adopted by them. Our feeling is there are far more bad dog owners than bad dogs.

Oh, and another pup has joined the pack; Roddy, a gangly, all legs, tail, and tongue black lab/something-with-big-floppy-ears mix about a year and a half old. He came to us from a local shelter very malnourished and way timid/spooky/unpredictable (a nervous biter/fighter with neither pup nor people skills). Over the past couple months he's put on a lot of weight, filling out into a pretty respectable dog, and has gained a whole buncha confidence, dignity, and socialization. He was a little tough on furniture at first, but that chair needed re-upholstering anyway and I was always gonna re-finish that coffee table Rolling Eyes ... He'll have no problem adopting humans of his own in a few months.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 09:24 am
Jaysus! Timber, here's hoping that 2007 has more good in it. I'll be rooting for big Sam.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 09:25 am
Timber
You're a nice guy, Timber.

BBB Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 09:38 am
Re: Timber
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
You're a nice guy, Timber.

BBB Smile

Hey, now! Don't go spreading that sorta stuff around; I've got a reputation to uphold! Mr. Green

And thanks for the good wishes, 'k - much appreciated. BTW - haven't been keeping up w/your room mate saga - how's that been going?
0 Replies