Printer Problem

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 03:03 pm
I have a Canon Multipass MP700 which is a printer, scanner and copier. Some time ago, I had copied a rather extensive manual from the internet.

From that time on, when I turn on my computer, the printer shoots out a blank page. When I attempt to print, I receive a "remove paper jam" message. The paper seems to get stuck midway as it enters the printer. I remove the jam, and press the "resume" button. This can happen a number of times, until the printer actually prints. In the meantime, it is sending out these blank pages, so I know that the printer is not jammed.

I thought that the software might have been corrupted, so I removed and reinstalled the drivers. The same problem occurs.

Do any of you have an inkling as to what is happening?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 776 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 03:20 pm
Hi Phoenix

This seems to be a common problem, I would suggest you check the PAPER settings were not reset to a non standard format (letter) and if they were, change it back to A4.

Also you could check if the Waste Ink is Near Full - Good luck
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 03:33 pm
Tryagain- Checked the settings, and they appear to be ok. I have tried printing, and it does print without the paper jam message, but I still get an extra blank copy before and after the printing starts! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 03:53 pm
Is separator page selected in your printer preferences?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:31 pm
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 05:05 pm
Checked all you that you both mentioned. My husband fooled around with the insides of the printer. I no longer get the page jam notice, but I still get the blank page, before and after.

The printer IS making a strange noise before it prints, so I think that something must be either slipping or rubbing.
0 Replies