German faces fine for using swastika in anti-Nazi merch'dise

nimh

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 01:50 pm
Very odd.

This story also, to my mind at least, links in with an observation I ran into earlier this week about some US media refusing to use the word "nigger" even when describing accusations against someone using the word "nigger". Bit bizarre IMO, but I understand other people have other opinions.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 435 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:09 pm
This is the official FIFA pamphlet from the World Championship - showing what isn't allowed in the stadia:

http://www.tageblatt.de/uploads/db/2006_9/L730_S296410_C4.jpg

(NB: at the bottom of the page, left)

The prosecution at Stuttgart District Court ('state court' is an infelicitous translation, IMHO) is known for their ... well, sometimes astonishing legal view.

This trial will be in the media for some time: both sides want to go through the instances.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:11 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
This is the official FIFA pamphlet from the World Championship - showing what isn't allowed in the stadia:

That does it. Sepp Blatter is so on his way to jail.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 02:17 pm
Thomas wrote:

That does it. Sepp Blatter is so on his way to jail.

Not to jail, but 6.000 € :wink:

No, honestly: the prosecution has drooped the charge against those politicans nimh mentioned above to wait for a (final) result in this trial.

(Now I know, why the changed the old "No Parking"-sign years ago: the old one [with a crossed out 'P'] animated to park a car exactly there ...)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 09:11 am
3.600 Euro fine - that's what the Stuttgart County Court ruled today.

So, as said, we have to wait for the ruling of the appeal court, the Federall Court of Justice.
0 Replies