How do I make an A5 poster?

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 09:06 am
How do I put the same image twice on a sheet of A4 paper with the paper orientation as landscape? (so it makes 2 A5 size posters on the same sheet)

I am using microsoft works.

I already have the image I want to use on an A4 size sheet of paper but in portrait orientation.

x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,609 • Replies: 2
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 09:57 am
If you had Microsoft Word you could choose booklet printing in Page Setup, but unfortunately Works does not have it, or it didn't the last time I looked. There is software out there, including ClickBook I think it's called.

Many printers, certainly late model Canon printers like my ip4200 have a booklet feature that you can access from printing preferences, page layout.

You say it's an "image" - do you mean the poster is just a jpg or bmp image file, and there isn't any text etc that is typed in? If so, you could try the following: (Assuming it's the same image you want to appear twice per printed sheet)

I don't have a copy of Works handy, I am assuming that in MS Works you can set a page to multi column layout, and that you have things called "text boxes" like in MS Word.

1. Set the page orientation to Landscape. Set the margins as big or small as you want them.

2. Have the page in two-column layout.

3. Put the poster image once in each column. It might be easier to put a Text Box in the first column, get the size right by dragging the corners to fit the column edges & margins, insert picture from file, drag picture to fit text box, edit text box border to whatever line style & colour you want, (including no line), and then copy & paste it to the other column of the page.

4. In column setup, you can choose whether or not to have a line separating the columns, and set the "gutter" size (inter-column space)

5. Look at it in Print Preview and fiddle around until it looks right

-or-

6. Buy some A5 paper from Staples (That's what I did)
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 05:57 am
thanks contrex

x
0 Replies