Some small tricky riddles

Ellinas

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 10:06 am
Most of them are quite easy:

1. A duck is swimming in a lake. A cat is sitting in her tail. If the duck dives, what happens to the cat?

2. You have a bottle of random shape and you want to fill HALF of it with water. You have available only a pump with unlimited water. Nothing else. How will you fill it?

3. A baby is just born from a black mother and a white father. What is the color of the baby's teeth?

4. It is now 12 o'clock in the night and it is raining. How possible is having sun after 72 hours?

5. Mr John went for a walk in the forest. Strong rain suddenly started. He had nothing to protect his head, however not even a few hairs got wet. How is this possible?

6. You have a matchbox and ONLY one match when you enter a dark room. In this room there is an oil lamp, a primus stove and a candle. What are you going to light first?

7. Two men played tennis. They played 4 sets and each one won 3 sets. How is this possible?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 24,357 • Replies: 7
No top replies

markr

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 01:07 pm
2. Partially fill the bottle and mark the water level. Invert the bottle and note the water level relative to the mark. Add/subtract water as necessary and repeat the steps until the water level is the same upright and inverted.

3. Babies don't usually have teeth.

4. Impossible in the current hemisphere.

5. Mr. John is bald.

6. The match.

7. They didn't play against each other.
Ellinas

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 02:09 pm
You got them right. It did not took much time I guess. What happened to number one? It is very simple Very Happy .
0 Replies

cge04

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:04 am
1. the cat gets wet.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 12:24 pm
Wrong. Nothing happens to the cat as she is outside the lake sitting in her own tail.
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:07 pm
3. Even if the baby did have teeth, they'd be white. the skin color of the parents dont matter

4. some where in the North- Alaska or the Artic Circle... some place like that... in the summer it is sunny all the time. and in the winter, its pitch black.
0 Replies

ismbella

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 06:14 pm
@markr,
for #4 I don't get it. If it's midnight and u wait three days, it'd still be midnight. Where in the world is the sun EVER up at midnight?
dadpad

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 06:16 pm
@ismbella,
ismbella wrote:

for #4 I don't get it. If it's midnight and u wait three days, it'd still be midnight. Where in the world is the sun EVER up at midnight?

at the north pole during high summer
0 Replies