Who gets to go to heaven?

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:13 am
Setanta wrote:
So, basically, you're saying, yes, only the 144,000 get to go to heaven. Count me out.
Count me out, too. Sounds boring to me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:14 am
So, are the Columbian coffee plantation going to continue to operate at the "end of days?"

That's the only important issue for me.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:15 am
We also have to consider that the 144,000 could be a symbolic number.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:16 am
No, we don't have to do anything of the kind.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:17 am
Setanta wrote:
So, are the Columbian coffee plantation going to continue to operate at the "end of days?"

That's the only important issue for me.
Maybe we'll have our own coffee bushes, er trees, whatever.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:19 am
Setanta wrote:

Ok. Stayed closed minded. Your choice.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:20 am
Intrepid wrote:
Perhaps, but compared to a ". . .great crowd, which no man was able to number. . ." they appear a minority, wouldn't you say? (Revelation 7:9)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:21 am
Intrepid wrote:
Setanta wrote:

It's hilarious to see a christian speak of a closed mind. When was the last time you gave serious consideration to the proposition that your god might not exist, and how common an experience is that for you?
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:32 am
neologist wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Perhaps, but compared to a ". . .great crowd, which no man was able to number. . ." they appear a minority, wouldn't you say? (Revelation 7:9)

I have never seen 144000 people together, but it is a pretty impressive number, I'd say. And in ye olden times, the population of cities was less dense... 144000, seems like a huge crowd indeed. And God (who has provided this number) is no man indeed. Smile
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:40 am
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Setanta wrote:

It's hilarious to see a christian speak of a closed mind. When was the last time you gave serious consideration to the proposition that your god might not exist, and how common an experience is that for you?

I have never NOT considered that this is a possibility. However, I choose to live in the hope that it IS not only a possibility that God exists, but that it is a reality. It is called faith.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:44 am
In the first place, i consider that a lie on your part. In the second place, your faith means that you won't entertain any argument, no matter how well-founded, which contradicts your faith. That is a closed-mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:45 am
In the first place, i consider that a lie on your part. In the second place, your faith means that you won't entertain any argument, no matter how well-founded, which contradicts your faith. That is a closed mind.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:57 am
You really are a piece of work Setanta. Believe what you will. Your thoughts are too insignificant for me to entertain at this point. You seem to call people liars on a regular basis with nothing more to base it on than your own bigotry.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:58 am
My thoughts are apparently sufficiently significant that you can't resist replying, though. What a clown.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:02 am
Intrepid wrote:

Symbolic of what intrepid?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:10 am
neologist wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Hmmm... interesting point neo. So what's the point of the "rapture" then? Do you believe in the rapture?
The fact that the word does not appear in the bible should give us one clue. . .

Or how about Solomon's words at Proverbs 2:21, 22: . . . "For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it."
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:19 am
hephzibah wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Symbolic of the fact that only the Lord knows the true number that will comprise the mulitude.

Are we to believe that He wants all the world to be saved, but we are to take the 144,00 as a literal number?

Something like when Setanta starts to call people names like clown etc. It is probably symbolic of the fact that he cannot refute what is being said in a coherent and cohesive manner. A compliment really.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:21 am
Think about this though intrepid... it states the 144,000, how many from each tribe, and then it says the a multitude that can't be numbered from every tribe, tongue, and nation. So if those people in that multitude are not "saved" what are they doing at God's throne?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:23 am
Intrepid wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Symbolic of the fact that only the Lord knows the true number that will comprise the mulitude.

Are we to believe that He wants all the world to be saved, but we are to take the 144,00 as a literal number?

Something like when Setanta starts to call people names like clown etc. It is probably symbolic of the fact that he cannot refute what is being said in a coherent and cohesive manner. A compliment really.
Whoa! What would be so bad about living on earth? Aren't those folks also saved?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:25 am
hephzibah wrote:
Think about this though intrepid... it states the 144,000, how many from each tribe, and then it says the a multitude that can't be numbered from every tribe, tongue, and nation. So if those people in that multitude are not "saved" what are they doing at God's throne?

I am not sure if I understand what you are saying. I think you are saying the same as I am. Correct me if I am wrong.... It is more than the 144,00 number that will counted among those who abide with God in heaven.
0 Replies