Where was God.

Eorl

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 08:35 pm
GW,

You'd think it would be obvious that the whole idea of "universal justice" is just wishful thinking, wouldn't you?

It's the inevitable fantasy of anyone who feels life isn't fair.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 08:42 pm
Yes, it's just wishful thinking, but optimist that I am- I hope that one day I will discover that the wish is true.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:03 pm
Some might call that optimism, I'd call it self-delusional.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:11 pm
Eorl wrote:

No, self-delusional is when I insist that God exists and that he loves me better than you. An optimist just leaves room for the possibility.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:13 pm
Fair call ! Smile
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:15 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Eorl wrote:

No, self-delusional is when I insist that God exists and that he loves me better than you. An optimist just leaves room for the possibility.

Good answer.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 10:29 pm
Eorl wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
Is there such an oddity as a God that has not 'been there .... done that'?

Sure, if there's an omnipotent god. It could create more gods any time it wanted to.

Let me filter that through a bit more .... is there such a thing as a God in training, an apprentice God so to speak? If so, would an untrained God be subject to errors?
Or do Gods begin omnipotent ..... no training, no ascension
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 12:36 am
I guess, logically, new omnipotent gods don't make mistakes....but you could create demi-gods....and you could do whatever you want with them.

It's all starting to sound a bit Piers Anthony to me.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 06:01 am
Eorl wrote:
I guess, logically, new omnipotent gods don't make mistakes....but you could create demi-gods....and you could do whatever you want with them.

It's all starting to sound a bit Piers Anthony to me.

Sorry, Piers Anthony is not in my library .... a perfunctory 'clusty' tells me, or at least provides a broad clue, (Incarnations of Immortality) that your's is a god of subjective origin manifested in an objective metaphor, as are most, if not all, deities.
What degree of accuracy would you allow your god in the performance of it's godly duties?

Joke time;
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who stays up all night wondering if there really is a Dog?

Sorry, it just popped into my head Smile
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 07:02 pm
Yes, I know that joke well ! We are old freinds.

The only gods that are logically possible to me are the non-omnipotent, non-omniscient variety. One could argue they would not be called gods. There is no evidence to suggest any of these ever existed either.

(Although, Von Danniken did have me going for while there when I was in my early teens Laughing )
0 Replies