Scene of raining

Jamezun

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:51 am
Any comments about? Thanks a lot. Hope you enjoy.

Scene of raining

I put down my pen and close the chemistry textbook, moping in front of my desk. My eyelids are getting heavy, so I put my hands on the armrest and close my eyes. I am so tired that I cannot continue studying. Boredom fills my mind and get too many things too worry about, so I decide to see what is going on outside the window and what is happening outside in the world. I open the drapes and see raindrops slashing on my windowpane, leaving agonized scars. They are countless as stars. They adhere on the window and seem want to linger a bit longer but they cannot. They are getting bigger and bigger which congeal into large raindrops and finally trickle down the window. I open my window wide and feel the muggy air. But actually it is rather cool. I rest my head on the windowsill and glance out of the window. It is raining outside. It is not drizzling but merely pouring. It rains heavily. The smell of sullen earth and grass fill the air. The lavender clouds mix with the melancholic grey colour floating lugubriously in the indifferent sky. As I gaze at the street, I can merely feel wilderness. It is so eccentric. Perhaps all the people prefer to hide in their homes. I see buildings and tower which their lights flicker in front of my eyes. The roads are wider than ever because there are no people and no cars at all. It really looks like a dead city. The rain puddles on the roads glisten with the mandarin orange streetlights, the color of the dusk.

Suddenly, the lightning flashes with an incandescent that dazzles my eyes. Is this the message from God to this atrocious world, warning people to remorse and redress, and once again revive their conscience? Or it is just an omen of disaster? Armageddon? I hear loud thunder after the lightning which frighten my muscles, tensing my spine, pulling me so taut. The rain pours even more heavily. The rolls of distant thunder are growing more ominously. It is too obscure for me to look around. Everything in front of me becomes so blurry. I cannot see the future but I can merely see despair coming towards me like famine. Wind blows on my cheeks and I shiver. I am wondering why the world becoming so cold and dark? Love seems no longer exists in this apathy world but merely hatred. Sometimes people may elude but they don't realize that something is really inevitable and irrevocable. Everything is changing, friends are too. You can find friends everywhere, but those who really care about you are becoming rarer and rarer. So I love and cherish all my friends. I wonder where all those true friends gone?

Can we not turn mundane into something rather more interesting and exciting? Turn the hatred into love? Can the world once again be saved and become even more vivid? Pessimistic to optimistic? And never give up until the last second? Many of life's failures are people who do not realize how close they are to success when they give up. I know everything will be fine tomorrow and I believe my intuition since it never goes wrong. I stagger back to my desk and open the book, back to my tedious studies again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 720 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jackie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 03:21 pm
Hi Jamezun,

The mood of your story comes through, and the plea of your mind is heard. You just need a LOT of assistance with your English.
Of course it is both readable and understood,
(the just)?-- there is often a better word or phrase you could use.

Example: the smell of sullen earth and grass fill the air"

"The smell of sodden earth and wet grass fills the air" is what I think you mean.
Jamezun, keep working on that English, and write. You have good stories, and talent.
0 Replies