runtime error R6025

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:29 am
Internet explorer has shut down on me four or more times in the past week. Last time, I copied this information: runtime error R6025
pure virtual function call
program C:\Program Files\ INTERNET EXPLORER\ explore.exe

I googled that problem, but couldn't understand the information that came up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,192 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 10:29 am
Info for timberlandko:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/explore/

Quote:
Description:
explore.exe is added to the system as a result of the GRAYBIRD.G virus. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system. If found on your system make sure that you have downloaded the latest update for your antivirus application.

Looks like you may need to do spyware removal, edgar, but I'll leave it to timber to say definitively.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 10:31 am
Okay, thanks. I have a few spyware removal tools on here. I will use them now, but hope to hear from timber also.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 11:09 am
I get this message occasionally:

Internet Explorer has encountered an error and has to shut down. The problem turned out to be add ware:

Solution found: update Macromedia Flash

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

The error was likely caused by:

Macromedia Flash

Recommendation

Macromedia Flash was created by Macromedia, Inc.. A new version of Macromedia Flash is available for download that should address this issue. Macromedia, Inc. recommends updating to the latest version of Macromedia Flash to take advantage of security and stability improvements. Click the following link to go to the update page:

Macromedia, Inc.

If this error persists, please contact Macromedia, Inc. and alert them of the problem.

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Equaliser

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 03:52 am
This runtime error occurs with programs written in MS Visual C++. There could be a number of causes. Try some/all of these ...

> are you using IE7(beta)?

> try reverting to IE6 but update it to make sure you have the latest version

> use a different browser (Firefox or Opera for example)

> Maybe this happens when you have too many active pages open simultaneously. Experiment to see what triggers the error.

Hope something here helps. Let us know how you get on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:42 am
I have a program on myfamily that stays open when I'm online, to alert me when other family members sign in. It's a chat line. I could try shutting it down most of the time.
0 Replies

Equaliser

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:55 am
Yes you could try that, You could try anything but I would recommend trying my earlier suggestions as these seem to be the most common causes of that runtime error.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 04:57 am
Terms like IE7 beta have little meaning for me. I don't know how to check many of these things. In short, I have to be led like a dummy to do any of those things.
0 Replies

Equaliser

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 05:36 am
As you are unfamiliar with some of the terms I use I suspect you are not using Internet Explorer (known as "IE" for short) "trial" version 7. If you want to check do this.

Go online and open your IE browser ... you will see something like this at the top left ...
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/PChelpman/Internetexplorerheadings.jpg

Click on the word "Help", then on "About Internet Explorer" in the drop down menu and you will see something like this ...
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/PChelpman/versionnumber.jpg

This shows the "version" of IE is number 6.

If I were you I would then click on the "Tools" button at the top, then on "Windows Update". Your computer will then check online to see if there are any updates that need downloading to your computer.

See if that helps.

If not, I would recommend you download and install Firefox or Opera and use that browser instead of IE. The error message may disappear.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 05:50 am
Thanks, equaliser. I am at work just now, but I will try some of that in ten or eleven hours.
0 Replies