Harry Potter: King of Darkness

djjd62

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:24 pm
farmerman wrote:
I grew up with TH Whites work and was drawn into the Once and Future King. I was in Catholic School and it was required reading in 6th grade

who'da thunk it

love the once and future king

may have to read it again now that you mention it
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:25 pm
Re: Harry Potter: King of Darkness
Quote:
Amorth compared the Potter character to dictators Stalin and Hitler, saying they were possessed by the devil.

Hmm... trying to draw a moral equivalence between the Harry Potter books and the massacre of tens of millions. That is already more disgusting than anything J.K. Rowling might be said to have cooked up.

tetelestai wrote:
Harry learns to defeat Voldemort through his own devices, he has little respect for authority, and less for his family, breaks the rules constantly for personal gain, bullies other kids, steals, and doesn't get punished when he deserves it.

Just about the only way I can see how someone would arrive at this conclusion from the books is if that someone were illiterate.
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 01:26 pm
can't the human let anything go without criticising it...????
truely WHAT is wrong with hp.
yo pope...it's categorized as FICTION for god's great sake...
all hail jk rowling (ok this part was a little joke!!!)
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:11 pm
I love Harry Potter. He is surely a great hero from recent English Literature.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 04:54 pm
In my opinion this thing about "Harry Potter is evil" is for looneys. Harry Potter is a ficticious character. People who read the books are not going to start practising black magic. Besides which only extremist Christians believe in black magic. In other words, black magic is not a threat. Neither is it, or any other magic, real. J.K.Rowling did not write her books with the intent of making people practise black magic, she wrote them with the intent to entertain people (and make money).

One more thing - people who call themselves exorcists are no better than clairvoyants. The are con artists, set out to trick the gullible out of their money. Either that, or religious nutters.
0 Replies