"Become what thou art!"

coberst

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 03:53 am
"Become what thou art!"

I am of the opinion that we all have a number of personal resonances (talents?) that if discovered give great emphasis to our life's satisfaction. Those individuals who discover and exploit such a personal resonance can find great self-satisfaction. If that particular resonance strikes a social resonance then the accompanying social display of appreciation can add to the personal satisfaction to the individual.

Few individuals discover and display a talent, a personal resonance that can truly excite public appreciation. Those who do display such a resonance are truly rewarded. However, I am not particularly interested in those few but I am interested in considering all the rest of us who have resonances (talents?) and especially all those that remain undiscovered by us.

Our first encounter with resonance, as the word is normally used, might have been when we first discovered on the playground swing that a little energy directed in synchronization with the swing's resonant frequency would produce outstanding movement. What a marvelous discovery. We might make similar marvelous discoveries if we decide against all that we have learned in the past; that the intellect can be used as an end-in-it-self.

I do not know how to focus attention on the components that make up a talent. I think that a person who understood such things could help us better comprehend the essence of this what I call resonance.

I think that we all could serve our self by seeking such things in our self. What do you think about this matter?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 416 • Replies: 3
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 04:27 am
Totally agree!!
As I sit Im looking for packaging so I can sell some goods which some people think i have a talent for making.
Personally I dont think its a talent(although I thank those who show enthusaism for what I do) but I enjoy it and it beats working for a living.

I long for the day were we break the mold, forget that we have been programmed to work 9-5 for 30 odd years of our lives, to seek what we want not what we have been told we want.

I know I dont want an x-box or extra TV channels.
I know a new pair of shoes wont make me happy or more attractive.

As I sit here looking for my packaging and dreaming of my own business I can honestly tell you it feels right, tho very scary, especially money wise.
It may never happen but thinking about it and making moves towards it is an absolute joy.

I hope we can all do the same one day.

Coberst-I hope thats what you meant, if not, I apologise for going off on a tangent.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 06:01 am
Quote:
Our intellects have been so totally directed as a means to an end that we will have some difficulty thinking of knowledge, understanding, and other talents that are considered as an end-in-itself.

speak for yourself!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 10:36 am
Interested.

The only Biblical story I like is the one about the talents: too many people bury theirs (myself included) for far too many reasons. On the other hand, a small group of people exploit imagined talents (Jessica Simpson; Pam Anderson)
0 Replies