[answered] Error Message

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 01:53 pm
I have the A2K link in My Favorites folder, so each time I wish to come here, I just click on that link. Today, for the first time -- twice in a row -- instead of bringing me to my A2K home page, I got this message:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('f0e05d6fd53c5eece7f8c07e7011a002', 75, 1156708127, 1156708127, '98a36446', 0, 1, 0)

Line : 213
File : sessions.php

I was able to get in here only by typing the A2K URL into the browser window manually. What gives? It is some beastie working in the innards of my computer? (I don't read code and have absolutely no notion what that 'error message' actually says.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,060 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Francis

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 02:01 pm
Seems to be a problem accessing A2K server, as I got the same message, while being "almost" sure my computer is sane...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 02:03 pm
That message happens alot.

I think it means something is being worked on that is temporary.
Usually fixed in a few minutes and not a 'big time issue' enough for a post about down time.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 02:12 pm
Thanx, guys. I was afraid my 'puter might be seriously infected. What threw me off was that I immediately had no trouble getting here at all just by typing in my browser window. Weird.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 02:14 pm
Yeah.
Thats what I think it was.

Just a quick " pause button" error code ,while someone patches a simple bug.

I have had it happen while flipping through the forum, only to be able to just hit refresh and be able to get back in.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 02:15 pm
OMG!!! Slowly and calmly move away from that computer, as quietly as you can, avoid taking deep breaths until you are well clear, notify the authorities at once, then immediately seek and obtain competent medical help!!!

Seriously, no problem w/ your machine, M A - that's a symptom of a hiccup at the server end - an A2K glitch. Its a transient error, often even just momentary, and is related to stuff like server load and website traffic. Your browser sent a page request, at that particular moment, for whatever of a variety of reasons, the server received and acknowleged that request but did not return to you the page your browser requested, sending instead that error page. I would imagine your browser cached that page, which is why you had to open a new browser to access the site.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 02:16 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 02:19 pm
I'm on my way to the ER now, Big Bird. Thnx.
0 Replies