LEGAL MALPRACTICE - To sue or not to sue

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 08:29 pm
My divorce: without getting into my case at all (yet) has anyone out there sued their lawyer? What were the results? I am seriously considering this. I would just luv to hear the horror stories of those who have tried, and won! Or those who have tried and failed. GO ahead try and talk me out of it! OK so I'll tell you this much. my lawyer destroyed and/or suppressed MY evidence, did not call corroborating whitenesses.........I'm just getting started.......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,260 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 10:08 pm
Were you damaged by this? Can you prove it? Is the potential reward worth the known expense? Was it just a matter of going with his best judgement on handling the case?

If the answer to any is no, then the answer is no. Otherwise, sure.
0 Replies

fiesty1955

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 10:33 pm
ques1 yes, BIGTIME. Mentally, emotionally and financially
ques2 maybe.........
ques3 that is the REAL question......
ques4 I am not a genius nor a stupid woman. But I DO know I was deliberately sabotaged, over and over, and over again.
and of course I got a massive bill to pay for these services.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 08:50 am
Okay, fiesty, I'll bump this up, but I think you're really at the point of needing professional legal help, and I mean a lawyer who is being paid for the opinion. Do make sure your potential lawyer is willing to follow up on the issue before plunking down any money. Possibly, your local bar association can point you towards someone. You could also probably file a complaint with them.

Best of luck.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 08:53 am
The standard, in legal malpractice cases, is whether you would have won your initial suit but for your lawyer's malpractice. What that means is that, in order to prove your malpractice case, you have to prove your initial case. So it's like re-doing the first trial, except without the screw-ups.

There are lawyers out there who specialize in attorney malpractice claims. You need to find an attorney who knows this area of the law and who can advise you if you have a valid claim. Good luck!
0 Replies

aryary

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 05:38 am
@fiesty1955,
This is terrible as a lawyer whom you should trust most is betraying you,you must take a legal action against him.
0 Replies