Need Help - Ad-Aware 6

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 02:36 pm
Ad-Aware
I have been using Ad-Aware, and was under the impression that the latest version was picking up new definitions. Is this wrong? I know that for a while there was a bad hiatus in this respect, but thought that the new version was up to date. I haven't tried getting updates with the new version, yet; will I too just get 404? Confused

You do have to be careful with Ad-Aware - I ran into a nasty situation where the only cause I can trace was deleting something indicated by Ad-Aware as bad, because I didn't recognize the item in question. It was an expensive error. Sad
0 Replies

AlexH

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2003 04:11 pm
AdAware
Some time ago I purchased AdAware; I've been almost completely satisfied.

The one item it seemed to highlight (until I told it to ignore) is IADHIDE3.DLL which is something critical to XP (I think).

Otherwise, it's a great package.

And the little aplet that comes with AdAware, AdWatch, is invaluable; it stops spyware before it even gets in. (Sometimes it even stops me from opening a new IE window from email ... but I can live with that.)

FWIW ... 2 Cents

-a.
0 Replies