What was your 1st post and who replied?

sublime1

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 07:53 am
After lurking for a while I signed up and tried to help out Jer with a dishwasher installation problem. After that I wandered over to the Virtual Pub and after reading a few pages I made an observation that still holds true to this day. Shortly after I was greeted by Cav.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=899369#899369
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 09:21 am
roger wrote:
I don't remember. Probably just idle chit chat with ravens realmers drifting in. I do remember my first thread on abuzz, though. TANSTAAFL, and the subject was acronyms. Let me see, now - GoAway was there. The SealPoet said it was the longest dialog he'd had to date with someone from two time zones away. KWAS is short for Kissed With A Seal, not SWAK. Equis figured that one out, and I briefly speculated that SealPoet and Equis were the same person (they aren't). TWIVEL, I think was there, and Jespah. She had one that stumped everyone, but I let on like I knew what it was - a risky game with Jespah.

acronyms

Eep, I wish I could remember that, back when I was young and, er, stumping.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 12:19 pm
[quote="Eva (originally known as "Visitor")"]Hello! I was invited to join this group by a friend. You know him as "Joe Nation." Are you out there, Joe?[/quote]

Received replies from Misti26, cjhsa, kitchenpete, dlowan, ehBeth, cicerone imposter, and danon5 before Joe Himself replied.

What an interesting group of responders! No wonder I stayed...

Hey! This is my 12,000th post!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 12:32 pm
Congratulations, Eva!!!

Actually, to answer the question, I don't remember my first post: I only can go back to November 2002, when I repied in a thread about St. Andrew, created by Merry Andrew (and there are 12 more pages with replies by me further back).

My first own thread - if I can rely on A2K's software - was on Tue 12 Nov, 2002, in "Food and Drinks", about food and drinks in winter time.
Joanne (she may rest in peace Sad ) replied first.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:03 pm
I have a question or two.

My Posts lists 113 pages, but no actual threads appear until page 106.

My first venture into the political threads disrupted a discussion of the impending war in Iraq. The moderator took the disruption and started a thread in my name titled The U S the U N and Iraq.
The US the UN and Iraq
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:10 pm
Oh, my second question was, if anyone recalls the thread it was split from?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:13 pm
Edgar, 113 pages x 50 doesn't add up to all your posts -

I had that same situation, also with a bunch of blank pages at the end of the list, and Jespah suggested I follow CJane's method a few posts ago and it worked. (Do a search, leave keyword out, put in your screen name, check all available posts, check posts instead of topic.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:14 pm
edgarblythe wrote:

My Posts lists 113 pages, but no actual threads appear until page 106.

Very similar to what's with my posts, Edgar: I suppose, A2K's early season posts aren't to seen Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:15 pm
Oops, didn't see osso's response. Yes, I remember now that I did such some time ago ...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:15 pm
EB, by clicking on your name, and going to the last page, i got the following post as your first post:

Edgar's fist post., which appeared in Phoenix's thread: Ideological Conformity - Not____Enough. Phoenix responded to that post.

I was also unable to find my first post by clicking on the "my posts" link, but i used this technique which Soz pointed out.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:17 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Edgar, 113 pages x 50 doesn't add up to all your posts -

I had that same situation, also with a bunch of blank pages at the end of the list, and Jespah suggested I follow CJane's method a few posts ago and it worked. (Do a search, leave keyword out, put in your screen name, check all available posts, check posts instead of topic.)

Ahem!

(S'OK, happens all the time. I also seem to get confused for boomer a fair amount.)

Other important step there is to click "ascending" (default is "descending") to see your last post as the first result.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:18 pm
Oops, it was Soz, not Jespah, that pointed me to CJane's method...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:19 pm
Waves to Soz... blushing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:22 pm
So my first post was on Friday, October 18, 2002 20:19 (Central European Time) a reply on "welcoming new members" :wink:
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:22 pm
Setanta wrote:
I was also unable to find my first post by clicking on the "my posts" link, but i used this technique which Soz pointed out.

Setanta - your first post, the very same day you signed on on A2K:

Setanta

CI responded...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 02:13 pm
Eva, I remember Visitor! Time flies, doesn't it?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 03:19 pm
We should all thank smorgs for starting this fun thread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 03:20 pm
Thank you, Smorgs!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 04:48 pm
Damn that Smorgs ! ! !

She'll be sorry when i get ahold of her . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 05:03 pm
I just checked and it was Lightwizard that answered my first post, which is only fitting since he was the one who invited me to a2k, not only once but several times with email links (I think they were), which I shined on for possibly weeks and then checked out. I've always been fond of him, he gave me helpful advice by phone once on gallery lighting. I remember him first when he and I and Paola were arguing on another website about the Richard Meier building mid-Rome, Paola and I in agreement against his point of view, as it happens. So, many thanks to Lightwiz!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 08:58:02