What was your 1st post and who replied?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:40 pm
Now you guys are HERE?

What the hell is going on?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:42 pm
Did you try CJ's method, Osso? That one's simpler and more reliable, I think. I had to jiggle things a bit to find mine -- at first when I clicked on the last page it said "no posts on this page" (or whatever that message is), then I had to go back a bit, and forward, and that kind of thing.

When I've clicked on other people's names it's usually been more straightforward.

But I think CJ's method is best. (Do a search, no terms in "keyword" box, your name in the "author" box, and select "Sort by: ascending". Your first post should be the first result.)
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:44 pm
smorgs wrote

Quote:
IT WAS ONLY IN BLOODY jUNE...

X

Oh here we go, "I've been here longer than you nah nah nah nah nah"

I've been very BUSY since then lady which is why it feels so long ago.

x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:45 pm
I didn't catch that, thanks, I'll try it.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:46 pm
My very first post under my first user name (which I changed for a similar reason as why smorgs changed hers, hee hee hee, only I didn't know you could change names so i just started a new account) was on the neverending connect the book title game. The first post that actually got a real response was also on the Books forum...Ray was the first person I talked to. Osso was the first to welcome me on the "welcome new members" thread! Very Happy You've always been nice to me, Osso!

This is the first thread I started, about a book I was reading, and Boomerang and dlowan came and chatted with me there:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1284466&highlight=#1284466

Lash was one of the first I encountered on the politics threads <tee hee>...Osso, Lash, Boomer, dlowan--what lovely people I met right away! No wonder I got hooked Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:49 pm
Bingo!! and now I have the full mishugas - 28,000 plus posts. Thanks, CJane and Soz.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:49 pm
Gus wrote

Quote:
Now you guys are HERE?

What the hell is going on?

You following us for more lesbian banter Gus?

x
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:50 pm
You can read me like a book.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:51 pm
More like a pamphlet

x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:53 pm
Here's my astoundingly interesting first post -

I don't reread many books, as I always have books on hand that I haven't yet read. But one I would like to reread is Burr. I could probably reread a number of Vidal's books. I had quite a little collection of them, but gave them away when I moved.

(Waves to Cypher..)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:35 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
You can read me like a book.

Dorothy Parker wrote:
More like a pamphlet

x

Make that a bumpersticker and you're on the money.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:50 pm
My first post
Quote:
I liked this poem ENDY.
It's clean. It conjures up images well.
It reminds me of some of the old english writers.
God job.
Keep writing!

Endy replied, of course. Endy's writing sucked me right into this forum.
So go ahead and blame endy that i'm around. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:52 pm
I don't remember. Probably just idle chit chat with ravens realmers drifting in. I do remember my first thread on abuzz, though. TANSTAAFL, and the subject was acronyms. Let me see, now - GoAway was there. The SealPoet said it was the longest dialog he'd had to date with someone from two time zones away. KWAS is short for Kissed With A Seal, not SWAK. Equis figured that one out, and I briefly speculated that SealPoet and Equis were the same person (they aren't). TWIVEL, I think was there, and Jespah. She had one that stumped everyone, but I let on like I knew what it was - a risky game with Jespah.

acronyms
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 12:44 am
My first post is lost. I was posting for three days, flashing my sparkling wit and insight about then A2K crashed and all the posts disappeared into the ether. Poop.

I do remember my first Abuzz post, though. I replied to Moondoggy request for covers with a near canonical list - then discovered he was an ozzy too! The web is a small world.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:18 am
Mine was here...and was answered by Craven:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=597#597
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 01:21 am
roger wrote:
I don't remember. Probably just idle chit chat with ravens realmers drifting in. I do remember my first thread on abuzz, though. TANSTAAFL, and the subject was acronyms. Let me see, now - GoAway was there. The SealPoet said it was the longest dialog he'd had to date with someone from two time zones away. KWAS is short for Kissed With A Seal, not SWAK. Equis figured that one out, and I briefly speculated that SealPoet and Equis were the same person (they aren't). TWIVEL, I think was there, and Jespah. She had one that stumped everyone, but I let on like I knew what it was - a risky game with Jespah.

acronyms

Here is your first post dollink...and you answered yourself...twice:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=181#181

Or, was this the fateful pixel?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=174#174
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 03:30 am
i fielded New Haven's white sox ballpark question, a good 6 months after i joined...

yep, i was a lurker back in the day Mr. Green
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 05:03 am
Region Philbis wrote:
i fielded New Haven's white sox ballpark question, a good 6 months after i joined...

yep, i was a lurker back in the day Mr. Green

Why?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 06:51 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
It went something like this:

"What Did the Ancient Egyptians do for fun?"

My first response was from someone brilliantly named "Hamburger" the second from Tin Sword Arthur.

Seems like such along time ago.....

Hamburger is named Hamburger because he is a native of Hamburg.

Imagine that . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 06:57 am
hingehead wrote:
My first post is lost. I was posting for three days, flashing my sparkling wit and insight about then A2K crashed and all the posts disappeared into the ether. Poop.

I do remember my first Abuzz post, though. I replied to Moondoggy request for covers with a near canonical list - then discovered he was an ozzy too! The web is a small world.

I had a long discussion with some Antipodean jokers at AFUZZ (although the Lunar Canine didn't show up for that one) on the subject of the Fatal Shore--both the concept and the book. I believe it was started by someone taking umbrage to an Australian diplomatic initiative based on a contention that as the folks in Oz are all descended from vile criminals, they don't have the right to take a moral tone with anyone.

Were you in that thread? If you don't mind saying, what screen name did you use at AFUZZ?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 01:31:08