What was your 1st post and who replied?

smorgs

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:28 am
Here's mine:

Quote:
Hello everyone! I'm new to all this, but I'm learning from a manual so it's slow going. One thing I can't do though is clickon a link from an email, where am I going wrong? can't find an answer on any of the help sites. Will someone out there please just tell me what to do in simple terms for a novice user. Thanks loads!

Bloody hell...

How many changes in my life since that rainy night...

Mac11 replied (I was shocked that she was in the USA)

Then Seed

Then Noddy24

...seems so naive now!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,002 • Replies: 157
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:35 am
I don't remember all of the details, but my first post was in Original Poetry and Edgarblythe responded that he liked it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:47 am
Ive no idea who took my a2k cherry.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:56 am
This is the first one I found http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47#47 but I know I did testing before that. There were maybe 8 members (3 or so were administrative accounts) and Lightwizard answered, back before the board required that you have an account and be signed in, in order to be able to post. This was not too long after Craven asked me to help him run the site. He, heh, assured me that it would be easy for me to manage by myself. Laughing

And here we are, over 60,000 members later. Tempus fugit.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:57 am
Quote:
Fiiinally Im registered so I can join in!!!!

I thought Mary was 13 when she gave birth.
In the UK we are trying to cut down teenage pregnancies and yet there is something in the air saying 'live your life by the Bible','be pure' and yet apparently a virgin was impregnated by an 'angel'(angel?not sure about that bit as i dont know the story properly)
Yeah, right,sure that happened.Try telling that to your parents when your 13!!

Im surprised, the UK are given the impression that the USA is a very God/Bible favouring nation.Its nice to here people doubting it.

You say Mary was 30+ when she gave birth.How old is old?I read a bit of the Bible when I was younger and the characters in that lived into their hundreds!!

Way too much to discuss!!!!!My heads gone wobbly bonkers!!

Matgirl... that is way more interesting for a 1st post then mine!

...and wouldn't you know dys replied.

and 'who took your A2K cherry' is a much better title then mine...

x

PS 'wobbly bonkers' love it!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 10:04 am
my first post was in music and lyrics, a topic called what's the deal with australian music

Quote:
i've always been fond of hunters and collectors and wedding, parties, anything

patiodog replied

that topic introduced me to cav and msolga
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 10:22 am
Nice idea!

This is evidently mine, though as Jes says, there were some earlier testing ones that are gone I think:

Quote:
Hi bandylu! Nice to see you. Yeah, I'm all for living together before marriage. It just seemed to remove the whole "...and I'm gonna have to deal with this FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!" stressor. 'Cause it's rarely smooth for two adults to combine households, but it seems to be easier if there is less pressure. I think it was different when the expectation was that women would move out of their parent's home and into their husband's -- adulthood! -- as opposed to living on one's own for a while.

I liked Jes' "why NOT?" list. It's also just fun to start introducing someone as "my husband/ my wife"; for good or ill, that's seen as a whole different kettle of fish than "my boyfriend/ my girlfriend."

(Been with hubby 10+ years, married 6+.)

Misti seems to be the first one who responded to that directly.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 10:24 am
the first post I can find (of mine) was
"I'm cold, this must be the winter of my discount tent"
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 10:42 am
My first post was:

Onyxelle wrote:
I'm going to start a decorative photo album business (custom orders). What would you guys suggest for pricing on the following:

MINI ALBUMS (the kind that hold single photos per page)
MEDIUM (The kind that hold 2 photos per page)
LARGE (self explanatory)

I've got some pricing in mind, but I am sort of taking a small poll to see what the 'general' public would be willing to pay for custom designed photo albums.

Any response would be appreciated.

The first person that replied was Princessah, who quit A2K after 550+ posts (I guess after school, A2K wasn't for her any longer...)

The first person of any real A2K history that replied was Quinn1

The very last person to respond to that post was *Cavfancier*
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:00 am
mebbe my first

certainly the first still in existence with my name attached

ehBeth wrote:
:wink:
looks good, Craven

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49#49

I think there may have been a couple of earlier ones which consisted of me saying "roger, are you there" "roger is that you" "roger where are you" "roger did i see you" or something very similar
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:07 am
I'm pretty sure this is My First Post here - and ehBeth was first to respond to it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:15 am
Is there some method all of you are using to search for your first post? I have no idea what mine was, but I'm sure curious about it...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:19 am
Snood, here's yours:

snood wrote:
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that this was a consciously devisive move by bush? How does everyone else react to this in-your-face affront to bi-partisanship? How does this aline with his "uniter, not divider" rhetoric? After the rich-pandering economic "proposal", this shows incredible arrogance. Here's an editorial from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30783-2003Jan8.html

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64964#64964

I found it by clicking on your name and then going to the last page of your posts. When I did it for myself, I clicked "your posts" and went to the last page.

You got a bunch of welcomes! Dys, blatham, wiz, Phoenix, gezzy, Jes...
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:21 am
I was an Abuzzard who found his way here:

Quote:
Hi folks!

I just signed up, so it'll take me a while to find my way around.
You may know me as "SoccerGeorge" from Abuzz.

What's up?

Jespah was the first to welcome me aboard.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:27 am
My first post ended a thread! It was back in 2002. I'm so proud...
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:35 am
...and so you should be

'threadending' is an art form

x
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:44 am
My First Post

My first post was so esoteric that only fbaezer and ossobucco knew what I was talking about. For a long time, people believed that "spendius" and I were the same person.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:47 am
I joined as a refugee from Abuzz.

On October 28, 2002, I posted on a thread of Lightwizard about reading and rereading fantasy:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep in mind, my totem animal is a sloth.

All the same, when the Powers That Be upped the Recommended Daily Exercise from a half an hour a day, to a full 60 minutes of physical activity, I've been examining my paperbacks to see what I can re-read while peddling away to Nowhere.

Right now I'm enjoying wholesome twenty-minute installments of an early murder by Jane Haddam. She has an Armenian Detective and her casts of suspects are always colorful.

Every since I loaned a friend my John Varley's Gaean/Titan series, I've been wanting to re-read TITAN, WIZARD and DEMON. The sacrifice is worthwhile. My friend is in her 60's and has never read much fantasy before.

I also reread some Robert Jordan in preparation for Volume X appearing in November. I feel personally inconvenienced that the release date has been postponed until January.

This was Post # 2591 in the A2K archives.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:50 am
My first post was in the "Welcome to new members" thread, and spendius was the first person to greet me, quickly followed by Reyn and devriesj. But then we went a few pages on the unfortunate name that I had chosen:

Quote:
Tico
Enthusiast
Posted: Sun 09 Oct, 2005 07:36 Post: 1611046 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticomaya wrote:
Quote:
Welcome to A2K, Tico. I'm sure nobody will get confused.

What am I saying? Of course they will.

How about Tico1 and Tico2? You choose which one you want to be.

But maybe it would be good to confuse them? Twisted Evil

Is "Tica" too close? I have an aesthetic objection to adding numbers to my name. And, on closer examination, I am more of a tica than a tico.

Hello, tecoyah! Hmmmm .... seems to be a certain affinity with Tica, Tico, Ticomaya, tecoyah .... is there something in the air? Mr. Green
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:54 am
I was so ignorant about how global this thing was that I posted for a few weeks under my own name!

I thought A2K was just a couple of geeky people in a dusty room answering PC queries Shocked

It was my first time on the net...

x
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What was your 1st post and who replied?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 03:35:16