DVD Burner Installation

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 10:29 pm
I just recently installed a DVD Burner to my comp, but it won't let me play DVD's on it because of this error... It says that cannot play video due to tv out function... I don't have that function on my comp though, how do I fix this problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 627 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 03:33 pm
Offhand, not knowing the specifics of your system, hardware and software, and without the exact verbatim error message and the precise circumstances under which the error occurs, I'll take a flier and guess it sounds to me like it might be a configuration issue, mebbe something you clicked or didn't click at time of install or subsequent setup.

Might be something of help in your burner's help file or users guide. I suggest first you consult your burner's documentation, then if that was no help, I would say your best bet would be your burner's vendor website support facillities.
0 Replies

chirag10

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
the first place to try is to install a dvd decorder. this is a dvd player for your computer. it will auto switch from the error and play in your PC. try like WINDVD or power DVD
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 01:01 am
Good point, chirag10 (and welcome to A2K) ... I'd overlooked the fact you've gotta have the necessary software to play DVD movies from a 'puter's DVD drive. Some DVD drives and burners don't come with it.

What strikes me about the problem IronMan2007 reports, though, is the part about the "tv out function" error message - that really seems to be a configuration issue.
0 Replies