Help needed with Marlboro contest question

Cowgirly320

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:30 pm
Hey All......I am going friggin' NUTS with #71.... can anyone, I mean ANYONE, give me a clue??????

[email protected]

PS: Thank you so much for letting me vent. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:35 pm
COON you are finished answering all the questions? I could use some help I offered you help when you needed it so how about some help sent my way? 40 and 61..... Come on now I'd like to have them all answered before out team meeting.
0 Replies

toots3928

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:41 pm
you have team meetings? must be nice. my team members suck. no help at all. Mad
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:42 pm
let me try this again-- havin trouble logging in and posting--
HI everybody!
just read everyones bios and it was fun getting to know y'all
i forgot to say in mine
yankee by birth (go BILLS!)
southerner by choice (world's most famous beach vroom vroom)
came to florida by way of california-- but joined the navy to see the world--- they sent me to mississippi Sad
0 Replies

Flumoxed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:45 pm
Got sidetracked with home affairs and now I'm back for awhile. Wow 7 pages of posts in the last seven hours ... how do you all keep up? Got a yahoo mail account it's flumoxed44atyahoodotcom (Spelled out the @ and . so the scrapers don't flood me with spam). About 71 ... is that still Bonnie's partner in the Park? Gotta be Lucky to find that one. Cheers!
0 Replies

Cowgirly320

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:46 pm
pattiness wrote:
let me try this again-- havin trouble logging in and posting--
HI everybody!
just read everyones bios and it was fun getting to know y'all
i forgot to say in mine
yankee by birth (go BILLS!)
southerner by choice (world's most famous beach vroom vroom)
came to florida by way of california-- but joined the navy to see the world--- they sent me to mississippi Sad

Hey pattiness, email me! [email protected]

I have a question to ask you!
0 Replies

marlboroblues

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:13 pm
hello, is there anybody out there??
yahoo messenger is faster i can't get this stuff to work right.lol
0 Replies

KAREN1958

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:53 pm
Good Evening everyone Laughing

anyone have any hints for 12, 61 and 71 (that stupid penny). Is 60 PF?

Thanks a bunch

Karen
[email protected]
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:57 pm
Howdy Ya'll. Are yall all done yet with the clues? Laughing
0 Replies

KAREN1958

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 09:06 pm
No I don't think I will ever be done to many left... :-(
0 Replies

Cowgirly320

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 09:11 pm
Did anyone get #75 yet???? I'm working on a good possibility, just need to check with someone that has the answer to see if I'm on the right track.

PS: Anyone around here from Utah, Nevada, Idaho, or the general Area??? Very Happy
0 Replies

crazymountainbound

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 09:48 pm
my intro
Smile Hey ya'll, i'm from se-okla! I had the time of my life last Nov. when I got to go to THE RANCH!!!!!! I'm grateful for the chance to hopefully go back :wink: (praying I bring MONEY home) :wink:
0 Replies

CrshN2mme

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 11:02 pm
Good evening everyone. I was just catching up on the pages and noticed that someone was commenting on Avenue not being Capitalized in the clue for 44. If you notice when you look at the clue it is written in the form of a Cowboy Poem so the only words that are going to be capitalized are the ones that start the sentence and at a pause which is why every word at the beginning of each line is capitalized whether it is a beginning of a sentence or not. Hope this clears up the problem about some of the proper names not being capitalized.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 11:30 pm
I can see the poem form of the clue but in most of the clues if a SPECIFIC street or place was asked for and being referenced in the clue, it was in CAPS. Regardless of where it was in the sentence.

Therefore my feeling is that if a specific avenue was needed it would be in caps, but for all practical purposes in this clue, it simply means they drove to another location and needed a rhyming word for "you."
0 Replies

jeez

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 11:50 pm
I think it will be on an Avenue, too, and it's actually the form of lyrics for square dancing. I think the capitals are irrelevant in this one, because of the form.

We also have #83 with a Ghost that is capitalized, and #79 where salt is not capitalized. Maybe my answer to 83 is wrong. I don't have a ghost.

For #75, I am down to two possibilities, but not real confident on either one. I'm going to watch the DVD and look in the book again. It is so general that there must be a clue there.

Actually, that is how I found #40.
0 Replies

CrshN2mme

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 12:03 am
I went to a site with cowboy poetry and the clue is written exactly like the poems on that site so I think that is why they didn't capitalize the Avenue because the form seems to be a clue in itself. JMO
0 Replies

jeez

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 12:14 am
I found the lyrics on a square dancing page, too, but it's good to know that it could also be Cowboy Poetry. Several of the places I found had poetry nights, but I didn't think the Marlboro Men would go to that. I also eliminated the nude place, and I won't use the accepted answer for #2!

Ha, Ha! I guess I lose! Razz
0 Replies

jeez

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 12:33 am
wickey wrote:
where did jeez go??? I'm interested in what he was describing about the "flaunting before dancing." That sounded really properous.

I am a she.
0 Replies

ewok723

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 01:10 am
Farm: I'm so glad your family is ok. I was so shook up by you post. I lost my 25 year old daughter last Feb to a drunk driver and your post brought it all back. It's a very hard thing.. I thank God your family came out of it ok. I just can't understand why any one would take the chance of driving while intoxicated. The devastation they can/do cause is just unmeasurable. Erin had everything going for her and she was just taken in seconds. Oh.. I really didn't want to do this.. but Farm I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of ya.
0 Replies

ewok723

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 01:27 am
MiniBio
Ok.. It seems like I may be the only NewYorker Here.. don't worry I'll say it myself.. "well isn't that special". I'm Female and turned 40 many years ago. Flumoxed, I'm retired Air Force too! I was in USSPACECOM at Colo Springs for 10 years before I retired.. so as you can see I had a hardship tour like you did in HI for 6 years. I've been smoking Marlboro's since I was 13 years old. My Mother gave me a carton for my Birthday. Today, she would have been arrested for endangerment a minor for that. LOL. My oldest Daughter still lives in Colo Springs with her Boxer "Boss". When my youngest daughter died, I inherited her 3 dogs, 2 shiba inu's and one very mixed up mixed breed. They keep me company and I'm not sure how I would have survived without them. Now, they are a little upset with me, because I've been ignoring them doing this stupid (um did I say that) Contest. So much for Mini Bio..lol [email protected]
0 Replies