Help needed with Marlboro contest question

wickey

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:52 am
Miss Kitty,
You got my drift!

I suppose anyone who has gotten this one is afraid to say so because then everybody will start bugging them and begging for the answer.

But I have been all over this thing and cannot get there. And it seems no one wants to discuss it which is hard to understand, when sometimes you see answers just literally posted on the board!

Yet no one wants to even talk about this one, except ask for the answer.
Very confusing.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:57 am
nattie44 wrote:
I think I have #44, one word. But not very sure about it. Still reserching......

Thanks for the respone nattie.
In the direction you are going - do you think this clue is talking about 2 places?

I realize the clue says "bar & restaurant" but is it important to find the "floor" part of the clue first?

Just a yes or no is fine.
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:57 am
Wickey, I tried to talk to you but you ignored my post. I just got here and you arent being very fair. I have posted alot and I wanted to run an answer I had for 43 past you. but nothing.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:00 am
angel1234 wrote:
Wickey, I tried to talk to you but you ignored my post. I just got here and you arent being very fair. I have posted alot and I wanted to run an answer I had for 43 past you. but nothing.

If you posted to me I didn't see it.

I am blind to everything except the numbers 44 I guess.

What the deuce am I being unfair about??? When I came to this board I only needed 2 answers and I have given help plenty more than that.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:04 am
Marlboro outwit the west
In answer to your question, yes i finished #44. I still have three to go. I dont think anyone is finished completely because there is so much double checking to do once all the blanks have been filled. As far as these other people crying about not getting any help. Theres over 100 pages of post on this forum with alot of help in it, real help. More then you would get anywhere else. You sit on your butts and do nothing but complain because the ones that are cracking the hard ones wont just type it all out for you so you can move on to the next one. Put in the time, thats what i do. And i have been more then helpfull on here and in emails which is more than most can say for most of you. And in return? Help from a very very few, you know who you are and thanks. The rest of you slackers just need to get busy and do some research.
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:05 am
i posted right after you yesterday. I mostly private help people because of those who arent contributing, just sitting and waiting at home with a pen and paper. My last help post on the forum was for horse. You said that nobody wants to say if they have it, If I get it I want to bounce it off of a few people who do to make darn sure its right. I wasnt trying to be rude but made it sound like everyone was being stingy.
0 Replies

coondog

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:15 am
Angel check your email.....
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:15 am
I'm working on #44 myself; just in case anybody's curious, this is what I'm looking at right now:

http://www.honkytonktx.com/dancehalls/

I just stumbled across it, but I'm checking it out right now. Have any of you guys seen this?
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:19 am
Marlboro outwit the west
Everyone wants a hint for #44 right? Ok. Heres your official hint from me.
Its located in the same town as clue #37. If you got number 37 correct then you now know the city its located in. There ya go. I just narrowed it down from the western half of the United States to the city its in. Good Luck.
0 Replies

coondog

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:19 am
I have and it is not there...
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:22 am
DesertRat-

Which 3 do you still need? I need the obvious 43 and 44, so I'm guessing the ones you need are ones I already have. Can I help you in any way?
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 10:44 am
Marlboro out wit the west
In response to that link Mama, yes it is listed in that link. Now apply that to the city in question for number 37 and your almost there. Thats it im done here. Good Luck All.
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:01 am
So, DesertRat--

Are you saying that you don't want any hints for the ones that you need? I have offered more than once.
0 Replies

MissKitty

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:05 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
DesertRat wrote:
In answer to your question, yes i finished #44. I still have three to go. I dont think anyone is finished completely because there is so much double checking to do once all the blanks have been filled. As far as these other people crying about not getting any help. Theres over 100 pages of post on this forum with alot of help in it, real help. More then you would get anywhere else. You sit on your butts and do nothing but complain because the ones that are cracking the hard ones wont just type it all out for you so you can move on to the next one. Put in the time, thats what i do. And i have been more then helpfull on here and in emails which is more than most can say for most of you. And in return? Help from a very very few, you know who you are and thanks. The rest of you slackers just need to get busy and do some research.

Unlike MANY posters, I looked for answers first, before trying to pilfer from the forum. I did this so I wouldn't have slanted views of my answers. It's too easy to copy it down. I do hope you weren't saying that everyone has been sitting on their butts. I have emailed several people and discussed possible answers.
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:07 am
I think I have done my share of helping ppl out with clues. I hope it has helped ya'll. I do think it is not very nice to share clues and get mad if you think your answer is 100% and someone trys to help you out by letting you know its not. I have all but #44 answered (#15 i have but somethink still bothers me about it). I think I am 99% sure on um all but if someone tells me that one could be something other than what I have you can bet I am going to check it out. Not try to run down the person that just wants to help. I am still here to help anyone.
0 Replies

MissKitty

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:11 am
horsefarm wrote:
I think I have done my share of helping ppl out with clues. I hope it has helped ya'll. I do think it is not very nice to share clues and get mad if you think your answer is 100% and someone trys to help you out by letting you know its not. I have all but #44 answered (#15 i have but somethink still bothers me about it). I think I am 99% sure on um all but if someone tells me that one could be something other than what I have you can bet I am going to check it out. Not try to run down the person that just wants to help. I am still here to help anyone.

I expect exclusionary rights to your answers horsefarm, just because I'm so damn nice and all.

And because YOU know what I mean by "Isn't that Nice".

There are several that I am stuck on. Of course, the usual 40, 44, 71----and believe it or not, I have a very different answer for #19.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:15 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
DesertRat wrote:
Everyone wants a hint for #44 right? Ok. Heres your official hint from me.
Its located in the same town as clue #37. If you got number 37 correct then you now know the city its located in. There ya go. I just narrowed it down from the western half of the United States to the city its in. Good Luck.

I hope it fits for you, I really do, but I have to keep searching. My answer for #37 doesn't relate to #44 at all. And I live "just down the road."
0 Replies

morgansmama

I, too, am more than willing to help, but I'm not having any takers. I know I've been away for a few days, but I'm here now.
0 Replies

horsefarm

Kitty you dont have #71? dang I thought everyone had it
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:17 am
wickey, I couldn't see anything that fits either.

By the way, MissKitty- I know what you mean by "Isn't that nice"-- GRITS unite!
0 Replies