Help needed with Marlboro contest question

russelhammond

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 02:49 pm
Hello! happy afternoon/early evening!
just wanted to say hello!
I received one shipment of my goodies from Marlboro. I'm totally bummed they quit doing the MILES thing. I got some pretty nice stuff from collecting those.
Stupid lawsuits! those people winning cases for lung cancer is a bunch of crap!!! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
but what can we do.
I do think it's funny that the overweight people are sueing the junk food makers..LOL yeah, I'm gonna sue hostess for my cellulite...LOL

talk to you all later Cool
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 02:56 pm
russelhammond wrote:
Hello! happy afternoon/early evening!
just wanted to say hello!
I received one shipment of my goodies from Marlboro. I'm totally bummed they quit doing the MILES thing. I got some pretty nice stuff from collecting those.
Stupid lawsuits! those people winning cases for lung cancer is a bunch of crap!!! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
but what can we do.
I do think it's funny that the overweight people are sueing the junk food makers..LOL yeah, I'm gonna sue hostess for my cellulite...LOL

talk to you all later Cool

Can I sue Nike for fallen arches?Hmmm...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 03:20 pm
Well, Well, Well, You talked about me being naked while I was gone. As a matter of fact I am really tan. Oh, did I ruffle your feathers jrtaz? I didn't know you were a bird.lol
Maybe I will sue you for slander. I never said you lied. No where is that word mentioned. In fact I never even said anything mean. I simply stated observations. If that offended you then you are the one with the guilty conscience not me.
Have I asked for any clues? that would be NO. Have I asked for any answers? Gee, lets see, that would be NO. I have given both but received none. Many have offered but I haven't taken any one up on it. I DON'T LIE!
This hate mail I am reading about. I do not know anything about it. If I have something to say I will say it to you on this board. I am not a chicken who has to send hate mail. But wait, I do remember when I hatched Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 03:53 pm
Hellooooooo! Anyone here? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:01 pm
JRTAZ
You are the mean one by calling me an ass. I never said you lied and I didn't call you any names. No where in that post is the word "liar". So, who did you say assumes?????????? There is nothing wrong with going back over your answers. In fact that is the smart thing to do. What I don't see, and if I am wrong I will apologize, is that you are not offering any clues. You are just asking for them.
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:09 pm
Hey TThelp! I've been alone in here too long. Very Happy Very glad to see someone else!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:11 pm
JRTAZ123 wrote:
Incase you didn't notice this is one woman who is on a rampage. Smile

If ya ain't got something nice to say don't say it at all. Just my opnion. Have a nice day. Razz

If that was directed at me, first who said I am a woman and second you contradict yourself about having an opinion Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I guess you can have one but no one else can! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:12 pm
I think.... Confused
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:12 pm
Hi mama, did you get #30 yet? This site has been giving me critical errors. It probably knows something jrtaz doesn't. HA HA HA
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:14 pm
morgansmama wrote:
I think.... Confused

What do you think?
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:42 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
morgansmama wrote:
I think.... Confused

What do you think?

I think I'm happy I'm not alone anymore. Very Happy
Did you get my email? I'm having trouble getting on, so if I disappear between posts or something that's why.
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 04:43 pm
Hey, look at that! I reached enthusiast! Cool
0 Replies

B4MyTime

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:18 pm
Good evening everyone! OMG, it's been a nightmare just getting back in here. Don't know what "critical error" is but I had my own...forgot my password and the info they gave me did not work. Been trying to get in since Monday morning and just spend hours catching up.

Prior to Monday had to take a few days off...puppy is not healing well from rupture; had running around to do with daughter who left for Texas (Dallas/Houston) until Dec. 31 with Radio City and to top that off had to get a keyboard replacement from Dell...couldn't even get any research done.

Sorry to hear about the animals and the fire. Tragedy abounds as New York had another plane crash into a building. Thank God it wasn't like 9/11...I was in the middle of that! Of course, 10/11 makes one think again. Sad

Actually, I don't have a team...my son dropped everything in my lap as he and his teammates headed for Iraq. I just hope I can do them justice with this contest and hope they get an invite to the ranch.

Can you tell me if transportation is provided? I understand beverages are free but what about food and what is the duration of the stay? Are the accommodations bunk houses, although I guess that's better than sleeping in tents for 6 months. And, what are the activities at the ranch? Is there a choice of which ranch to visit or is that pre-arranged? Very Happy

As to the ??s:
I have RCMTF for #2;
SF for #3;
three possibilities for #15;
still up in the air on #19;
A for #26;
think I have #27,
#29 is really tricky as they as for a decimal point in hundredths witrhout rounding off, which I have; for
#31 I have I; my son's notes have a lighthouse in San Diego Texas, which I have not found but has something to do with the blind...still checking on this one;
I have a ranch for #40 but there is another famous ranch in California which was ONCE headquaters for all;
on #41, don't know if they want the name of the river or it's location;
I have #43 of which I'm certain;
have an answer for #44 but now not too sure...have read that ? six different ways and each time I get a different answer;
for #53, is it city to city or place to place...I have both;
still have to research #58, #62 and #64;
still researching #72...as usual, there are possibly multi-answers;
as for #74, going for the superstitious one;
have an answer for #75 but the "wonder" throws me... still researching this one;
#82 still searching;
still checking out #84;
#86 multi-possibilities again...could be A, U or W;
still researching #95;
and finally, I found #100 to be a toss-up.

So, that's where I am at the moment. I can't complain thus far as I've only having the material for about three weeks. I would greatly appreciate any HINTS as to the above, no matter how small! As for the others, I would be most happy to share my answers via e-mail at [email protected].

Sorry for the elongated post. Thanks for being so kind everyone. You are a great group of people and I'm saddened that I won't make it to the ranch to meet y'all! Hope no one minds if I continue with the group beyond the contest. The posts have lightened up my life. Thank you again.
0 Replies

onthesharpend

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:23 pm
HI i am new. like you could not tell.
this has made for some interesting reading for many hours. maybe ya all should put together a soap opera for tv and sale it.
i am not in the contest but other boards are talking about you so i had to see for myself. it sounds like you are having fun but what do i know. there have been many names going and coming and going and coming. maybe they are not just looky lous but have something that came up. no telling. since i am not in the contest i can not give any help. i don't even know what the clues are and i do not have a clue what the initials stand for that ya all keep using.
some of you are seeming to get very mad. hope u dont mind a outside opinion. i read the 3 or so hundred pages. i cannot remember everybodies name (i should have kept notes). it seems that there are sincere people on here. misskitty, jez, horse, angel123, morgan, tryingtohelp, howdie, jrtazz, cowgirl and sorry if i did not spell your names write or left anyone out. i just think that some of you are cranky. maybe need more sleep. i think you really made angel feel left out and jrtazz i did not see tryingto help call you any names. but you called him a ass. that is not very nice. you said he called you a liar. i did not see that anywhere. the hate mail that some of you got did not seem to be coming from anyone on there. it sounded like some of you were getting it and others were not. i just thougt i would tell you my thougts from a outsider point of view. i do not know if that helped but i was entertained from reading your forum. it was better than watching tv. now i know why others are talking about you. i think they are jealous because maybe you do not see it but i see ya all helping each other and on the most part having fun. i think misskitty has a point, jrtazz has a point, tryingtohelp has a point and angel seemed to get her feelings hurt. i hope ya all take this as constructive and do not let it get to you. it makes for better reading when you are joking. bye
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:29 pm
B4MyTime, I think the ranch trip is 4days, 3nites--the accomodations are nice. It's set up like an old west town, with the buildings in the "town" itself being the "rooms". I myself have never been; I think there might be one or two on here that have. Try this link:

http://www.achillies.com/marlborostuff/index.php

You will be able to get all your questions answered there, and there are some links to some pictures made at the ranch. All sorts of different activities.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:30 pm
morgansmama wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
morgansmama wrote:
I think.... Confused

What do you think?

I think I'm happy I'm not alone anymore. Very Happy
Did you get my email? I'm having trouble getting on, so if I disappear between posts or something that's why.

Me too. I am getting tired of this critical error thing. I will look in my email but first I have to have a cigarette (I don't smoke in the house so it will take me a minute. I smoke the 100's, they last longer). Be right back if this thing will let me!!!!!
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:37 pm
onthesharpend wrote:
HI i am new. like you could not tell.
this has made for some interesting reading for many hours. maybe ya all should put together a soap opera for tv and sale it.
i am not in the contest but other boards are talking about you so i had to see for myself. it sounds like you are having fun but what do i know. there have been many names going and coming and going and coming. maybe they are not just looky lous but have something that came up. no telling. since i am not in the contest i can not give any help. i don't even know what the clues are and i do not have a clue what the initials stand for that ya all keep using.
some of you are seeming to get very mad. hope u dont mind a outside opinion. i read the 3 or so hundred pages. i cannot remember everybodies name (i should have kept notes). it seems that there are sincere people on here. misskitty, jez, horse, angel123, morgan, tryingtohelp, howdie, jrtazz, cowgirl and sorry if i did not spell your names write or left anyone out. i just think that some of you are cranky. maybe need more sleep. i think you really made angel feel left out and jrtazz i did not see tryingto help call you any names. but you called him a ass. that is not very nice. you said he called you a liar. i did not see that anywhere. the hate mail that some of you got did not seem to be coming from anyone on there. it sounded like some of you were getting it and others were not. i just thougt i would tell you my thougts from a outsider point of view. i do not know if that helped but i was entertained from reading your forum. it was better than watching tv. now i know why others are talking about you. i think they are jealous because maybe you do not see it but i see ya all helping each other and on the most part having fun. i think misskitty has a point, jrtazz has a point, tryingtohelp has a point and angel seemed to get her feelings hurt. i hope ya all take this as constructive and do not let it get to you. it makes for better reading when you are joking. bye

Thank you, sharpend--It's nice sometimes to have an outsider shine some light. I didn't know we were so famous. I knew we were popular, but I didn't know we were potential Emmy material. Shocked
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:46 pm
I'll guess did you get all the answers? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Cowgirly320

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:47 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
I'll guess did you get all the answers? Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've got most lf the answers, but as to whether they're right or not..... lol
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 05:55 pm
What happened to guess what from cowgirly? I know it was there a minute ago.
Also, to the new outside person thank you for your opinion. I re- read
what I wrote so TO YOU JRTAZ I am sorry that you thought I was calling you a liar. Honestly I wasn't. That word or thought did not even cross my mind. After reading what I wrote I can see how it came across as that in fact I sounded like an outright BITCH. So, I am sorry. Please accept my apologies. Can we call it a truce and go back to having fun and try to help each other with the answers? By the way, you called me an ass, but I have been told by many guys I don't have one Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies