Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:25 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 720 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Herema

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 07:40 pm
Sooooooooooooooooooo.....that's what happens to time when creating. When involved in writing, whether creating a poem or digging up the story to be written, there is not enough time in a day for me. When I waste time rather than get into that "zone" I feel as though I have let myself down. Writing is where I truly forget the world or I exist.

Thanks for sharing this great article.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 09:25 pm
You're welcome.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:56 pm
I liked it too, Miller. I agree with her on that premise of individual people getting in that "zone" through different avenues. And for young people, who might still be debating what they want to be when they grow up, I think it's important to pay attention to what they're doing when they're able to escape the everyday and mundane like that and be transported, because that's probably where their real talents and skills lie, and an indication of what they should do for a living - if they want to life a creatively fulfilled life, and not feel trapped and bored in their work.

One way I've always been able to get in that zone is gardening. I go outside to pull a few weeds, and the next thing I know - the sun is setting, my muscles are sore, and I realize I've been out there for hours without even noticing the time passing.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 10:22 am
I know that feeling too, as that's how I feel when I'm dancing.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:10 pm
Yeah, dancing can definitely put you there. Do you dance professionally or just for fun? The reason I ask is because so far, the one time I got paid to garden for someone else, I counted every frigging minute as it ticked by. Somehow it's not as freeing to pull someone else's weeds. Laughing

Do you think that people who do creative endeavors like dancing, theater, writing or painting on someone else's time schedule and at someone elses bidding feel the same creative release, or do you think that is reliant upon the freedom that's built in to doing what you want to do when you want to do it?
0 Replies

theprofessor

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 04:33 am
miller

i meditate and do an insurmountable amount of study towards the topics of flow an chi an finding ones center

to create there is two forms of meditation

moving meditation ,which in the zone would be accurate
an a meditative state which coincides with the loss of time when centering one's self in thoughts by directing all outward sources of noises an distrubances fadeing away as they meet the serenity/chaos of a moving mind
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 04:47 am
aidan wrote:
Yeah, dancing can definitely put you there. Do you dance professionally or just for fun? The reason I ask is because so far, the one time I got paid to garden for someone else, I counted every frigging minute as it ticked by. Somehow it's not as freeing to pull someone else's weeds. Laughing

Do you think that people who do creative endeavors like dancing, theater, writing or painting on someone else's time schedule and at someone elses bidding feel the same creative release, or do you think that is reliant upon the freedom that's built in to doing what you want to do when you want to do it?

I just dance for fun and the pure joy of movement.

I'm of the opinion that the creative juices flow more freely and readily, when a price tag isn't attached to the work involved.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 03:18 am
me too.
0 Replies