Stupid meteorology!

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2019 10:22 am
@jespah,
When Trump alone negates economists, meteorologists, environmental scientists, political scientists, and other experts, people has to begin to understand that Trump is a dangerous moron.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 11:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
Brace Yourselves: Freakish Winds Coming Through
Quote:
By 1 p.m., they should plateau around 65 degrees — at the same time as the rains set in. According to the National Weather Service, we're looking at a chance of rain starting around 11 a.m., which escalates to a likelihood by 2 p.m. NBC New York expects something like 2 inches of precipitation from this coastal mess, which promises to turn many of our local subway stations into communal showers.
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 11:57 am
@tsarstepan,
we badly needed the rain here in farm land. Weve gotten about 1.5 inches since 11AM this morning. We were out there doing rain dances.
Looks like this mini drought may be coming to an end. We are supposed to get some more rain on a two day stretch next week.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 12:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
hes annointed himself with all kinds of titles like "brilliant" , 'Genius" , He even called himself "THE Renaissance Man" of our time. I always noticed when people make big deals about how smart they are, they usually have deeper feelings of inferiority with which theyre trying to deal..
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 10:46 am
@farmerman,
Trump's claim of "stable genius" was the best one! The man at over 70 y.o. still can't use proper English grammar, and his ignorance about most subjects just keeps popping up! That thousands of mental health professional declared him "mentally unstable, and the most dangerous man in the world," I'm not sure what his supporters are supporting. https://medium.com/@shanesnow/donald-trump-and-the-definition-of-insanity-82ab6db008c4
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 12:20 am
It's been insanely hot here the last couple of days, 35c or 95F today. That breaks the record high temperature for October set about 80 years ago.

And we still have another month of spring before the summer heat kicks in.
roger

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 12:34 am
@cherrie,
Hey, you converted it to Fahrenheit for us. Thanks.
cherrie

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 01:08 am
@roger,
You're welcome.

I thought it would be pretty meaningless for a lot of people if I didn't.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 07:00 pm
We've gone from record breaking high temps last week to cold and snowing this week.

Spring just never knows what it's doing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 08:51 pm
@roger,
If you find yourself needing to quickly convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, here is a simple trick you can use: multiply the temperature in degrees Celsius by 2, and then add 30 to get the (estimated) temperature in degrees Fahrenheit.Jun 22, 2018
The Easy Trick to Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
https://blog.prepscholar.com › convert-celsius-to-fahrenheit It's close enough for most of us.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2019 04:30 pm
Finally got the overnight temps to dip below freezing.
Perhaps now the remInder of leaves will jump off to the pile below...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2019 01:52 pm

https://imgur.com/K4W2Noy.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2020 11:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
Weatherwatch: Europe records one of its mildest winters
Quote:
Germany and Austria had their second warmest winter, while in France it was the hottest since 1900

Climatological winter came to an end last weekend and it was an exceptionally mild and wet winter across north-western parts of Europe. According to the World Meteorological Organization, Germany and Austria had their second warmest winters on record, 3.2C and 2.7C above the 1981-2010 average respectively. In Germany’s case, only 2006-07 had a milder winter. France also had one of its three mildest winters on record and its warmest since 1900.

Further afield, the US had an extreme east-west split in rainfall amounts during February. The south-east had a very wet month with many locations getting more than 25cm (10 inches), with a few places such as Greensboro in North Carolina and Starkville in Mississippi beating their all-time records. The rain lead to floods in places with the River Pearl reaching a level not seen since 1983.

On the other hand, California had hardly any rainfall over the whole month. Many places in the north of the state recorded no rainfall whatsoever, including San Francisco. It is the first time that neither San Francisco airport nor Sacramento, the state capital, have recorded no rain since records began in 1857. February is in the middle of California’s wet season, making it all the more remarkable.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2020 07:42 pm
We've had the warmest winter I've ever seen in Canadia. The lowest temps drop to the season average, and that's about two or three times a month. The rest of the time temps are above, often way above seasonal average. Most days this winter have been above freezing.

I was talking to this guy about that, and said the polar vortex must be wobbling.

Him: The poles are moving.

Me: Do the Russians and the Germans know about this?

Then he tried to hit me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 10:15 am
We've had warm weather, sun, rain, sun and rain in the same days . . . now it's supposed to get cold and snow by the end of the week.

Stupid meteorology!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 10:48 am
@Setanta,
Yesterday and today "summer days" here (25°C)
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 07:31 am
@Setanta,
Here we are, just over a year later. We've had some nice mornings in the last week or two so we got a head start on the garden clean out. This morning I woke up to 2 and a half inches of snow, and it's still coming.

Stupid meteorology!
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 02:15 pm
@Joeblow,
That's the reason I moved back to the San Francisco Bay Area from Illinois.
Joeblow

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 03:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No more spring snowstorms for you. It didn't last a day on the ground though. The sun came out, and there's not a speck of it left !
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did you leave your heart there?