Stupid meteorology!

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 02:41 pm
El stinko rides again, in the form of icky sticky bobicky banana fana foficky me mi mo mickey sticky weather.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 04:04 pm
I'm in the field excavating, it is beyond brutal, my crew is melting in their excavation units. Sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:15 pm
i'll deny i ever said this, but we could use a little break in the heat
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:47 pm
if it's not drip drip drip

then it's

drip

drip

drip
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 02:29 pm
Re: Stupid meteorology!
jespah wrote:
Plus we here in Boston are experiencing El Stinko, which is shorthand for it rains every day and is colder than cold even though it's almost June. And, it's currently pouring, with dabs of thunder and lightning (I may have to ditch the online connection soon).

rainy & cold is lookin pritty good right about now, eh jes!

wazzup with all the heat in bahstin? by 7:45 this morning it was alreddy unbearable in the sun...

don't 4get to Drunk plenty of fluids now, ya hear?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 02:06 am
Oh yeah, I'm drinkin' all right. Water is suddenly the most fantastic thing in the world. No problem drinking 64 oz. of it these days. Can't wait to see the A/C bill (electricity).

Reg, take a sweater to work witcha!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:57 am
El Stinko has returned. It's been snowing for over an hour here this morning. Feh.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:08 am
Eastern Connecticut. In some parts, especially the higher hills, there is up to two inches of snow on the ground... sigh...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 11:04 am
Acquiunk, Talk about dramatic differences, we're gonna have 90 degree weather in Northern Califonis this weekend. I think it's called "Indian Summer." Wink
0 Replies

neil

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 11:27 am
It hit 95 degrees f yesterday here in Jacksonville, Fl, but is 77 now which is typical of late October. We have had less rain than usual this month. Neil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 03:42 pm
sigh
at least the trees are gorgeous.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:49 pm
For some unknown reason, I've been drinking alot of co2 lately, and been getting up about four-five times at night to go.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:50 pm
drinking co2?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 02:59 pm
Huh?

Chilly day today, 'sposed to get warmer this weekend after potentially rainy Sunday. And so late fall begins, it seems.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:10 pm
c. i. :you are supposed to drink water EARLY in the day - i assume that's what your co2 is ? was in the hospital about a year ago for a gastro-intestinal checkup - anyone wo's had one, knows what GREAT FUN it is when your innards are filled with COLD fluid - YIKES ! anyhow, when all was finished and declared to be in good condition the attending doctor started to ask all kinds of questions, such as : do you smoke ? no; good - do you drink ? (i thought, oh, oh, here goes my nightcap), yes: how much ? a drink or two at night; hmm... what do you drindk ? well, usually a B & B or drambuie; doctor : well, that's good ! keep it up ! there you go, c. i. WATER in the morning ! hbg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:39 am
sheesh!

the once dormant el stinko reared its ugly head in the form of a late-autumn nor'easter, dumping anywhere from 12-36" on us unsuspecting, innocent earth dwellers.

i feel it necessary at this time to say, without a shadow of a doubt, that i HATE WINTER, SNOW, ICE, COLD WEATHER, and anything else associated with the above!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

oh, how i long for those hot, humid summer days...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:19 pm
hi, RB ! if you hate winter so much, GO AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ! i don't mind a nice crisp winterday and some light fluffy snow, and try and make the sun shine . you think you can arrange that, RB ? hbg.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:27 pm
hbg, i did do something about it -- i vented on this thread Very Happy

(which btw made me feel a lillbitt better...)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:30 pm
Turn the heat up, run around in your swimsuit, grab some iced tea, tell anyone who calls or talks to you that you're enjoying July. 'Course that might also get you locked up. Hmmm. Consequences, consequences.

I'm not happy with El Stinko, either. 19 - 20" of shnow here! It is sunny, though, and I think the icicles on the neighbor's roof are starting to melt.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 01:13 pm
jespah : lighten up ! you seem to hate it so much, you are not even willing to spell the word SNOW anymore (chuckle ... ) ! hbg
0 Replies