At last I'm coming clean... I'm a romcomaholic.

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:00 am
Yep, you read it.

You know, life can be a pretty depressing afair, especially down here in the sixth layer of hell. But I feel this warm little glow in me heart whenever I watch one of these incredibly predictable, but always sweet and feelgood romantic comedies.
Why can't I be more like your average kinda moody man and drown my sorrows in rivers of alcohol, deploring my horribly depressing life? But no, I just get a box of these chick flicks and start watching those. Heck, just to complete the picture, I should buy ig boxes of chocolates first or something.

So am I alone? Or are there other RC anonymous around here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,034 • Replies: 7
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:09 am
I thought this was going to be a discussion about rotatoes and Ginsu knives....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:13 am
I have a problem with Rom Coms as I do Comedy dramas.You shouldnt have both in one film, either one or the other.
Tho I have to say as a romcom, Something about mary was very good.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:29 am
Romantic comedy with something I never heard of and Ginsu knives? Err... Well, perhaps that is a completely new movie venue... Try it out!

Material girl, why not? Romantic comedies hinge on some sort of character development, and little 'dramatic episodes' can add some depth.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:33 am
http://www.storeshop.com/images/rotato-potato-peeler.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:35 am
"Must Love Dogs" with

Diane Lane .... Sarah Nolan

John Cusack .... Jake

Elizabeth Perkins .... Carol

Christopher Plummer .... Bill

Dermot Mulroney .... Bob

Stockard Channing .... Dolly

Much more charming, engaging and funny that the critics gave it credit for. Besides, my Mom loved it and was cracking up through the whole movie. I'm a sucker for Mom's laughter anyway.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417001/
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:38 am
yeah, i loved 'must love dogs' as well.

and, i have to fess up, any romantic comedy with john cussack or hugh grant for that matter.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 07:02 am
Add the seriocomedy "The Devil Wears Prada." Very entertaining and Meryl Streep is the finest evil female boss (that's a compliment?) since Sigorney Weaver in "Working Girl," which I also consider as a romantic comedy but with a serious edge. But is Streep evil or just a business only, focused, successful woman and if she were a man would be perceived as a role model? Stanley Tucci is one of the played-just-right gay characters in a film in many years. Anne Hathaway again holds her own in a grown-up part.
0 Replies