Computer Keeps Crashing (Blue Screen / Restarts Itself)

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:23 am
Hi, I'm having some problem with my computer. Latley, everytime I use my computer one of two things will happen. I'll either get the blue screen of death saying there was a error Windows wanted to prevent further damages. Or, my computer will just restart by itself. Everytime I restart my comp I can only use it for like 5-10 minutes before one of these two things happen... so I was thinking of reformatting windows XP and wipping the harddrive clean, but I can't get enough time to back things up on a cd... Anyway to fix this problem OR anyway to get time to burn things? Thanks!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 780 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:58 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54757

You may have to boot in safe mode to do the downloading.
0 Replies

IronMan2007

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 05:55 am
Actually, it does the exact same thing in Safe Mode, does that mean something?
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 03:50 pm
Same thing in safe mode ?
Ouch !
Could be any number of things causing it but it doesn't matter as it's serious anyway.
I'd check your hardware though.
Especially your RAM.
Take it out and put it back in again just in case.
If you can reseat the processor do that too.
Check your CPU temperature too. If there's nothing wrong there well y could trawl through the machine trying to find out what's wrong, spending days and days to get it put right but as you say it's easier to just format the bugger.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 07:01 pm
Have you tried booting from your Windows XP CD and using Recovery Console?

A Pre-Install Environment CD is another route, and the one I'd most likely favor; you should be able to at least access and copy the files from the faulty machine, as long as the machine's root drive physically runs OK, is recognized by (even if not read/write accessible to) the machine, and simpy has what amounts to a data error. A Pre-Install Environment CD essentially amounts to a stripped-down version of Windows which runs not from the machine's hard drive but directly from the CD itself, leaving the machine's files and folders untouched by the machine's operating system and the macine's resident operating system uninvoked - very handy for data recovery or for heavy-duty yuckware cleaning.

Info on how to assemble a powerful, flexible Pre-install Environment CD may be found HERE. I use that one, BartPE, myself, modifying its add-ons to suit any of a number of setup, recovery, and analysis jobs. If a volume, file or folder exists on the subject machine, odds are BartPE will let you get at it, view it, manipulate it, and copy, move or delete it.
0 Replies