Craven: Heeeelp Mister Wizaaaard!

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 06:49 pm
Something very odd is going on with the boards today ever since the banner ads reappeared.

For the fourth time today, when I click on the Your Posts link, it asks me for my login name and password. No matter how many times I enter it correctly, it doesn't accept it until I also mark the box to automatically log me in each time.

1. It shouldn't be asking me to relogin. It resets my new posts counter back to zero when it does.

2. It shouldn't require me to mark that box before accepting my login and password.

I've checked the other links in the banner ad area and none of the others seem to be acting differently. Hope it is just a small typo in the code and can be easily fixed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,617 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 07:34 pm
Not sure if this is a clue to what the problem might be....

As you know, I use AOL and they have this new pop-up ad blocker on their browser window now. Well, ever since the banner ads returned to A2K, the Pop-up ad blocker has been telling me that http://webpdp.gator.com/v3/webpdp_v3_plugin.php?yic=HIC_VClickUS1

is being blocked. I viewed the url manually and this gator.com is attempting to get me to let them install some sort of spyware on my PC.

I assume it is the ad blocker that is causing the disconnect and requiring me to relogin.

Is it possible to eliminate this spyware crap from the message board ads? Really....I'd rather pay you a buck or two a month then have to do battle with that stuff.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 08:55 pm
I got that same pop-up a couple of times today. "Spam-blcoker".
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 12:14 am
It seems the ad broker I use added Gator while the ads were off.

I have blocked them. Please let me know of any other "shady" advertisers and I will block them.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 12:17 am
I like it! Shady - ads - cops!!! :-)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 12:25 am
Thanks Craven!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 01:53 pm
No prob, i hate Gator with a passion, teh fact that my ad server added gator as an advertiser made me suspend their use.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 06:19 pm
help
Craven, do you know why I can't receive any "updates?" I have to survey the forums to look for new posts. Is it a virus? What can you do or what do you think I should do? I'll have to check back for your response since I don't think you'll be able to contact me with it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 07:08 pm
JLN same here
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 09:36 pm
help
Oh, good, Dysl. Misery loves company.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 11:01 pm
Re: help
JLNobody wrote:
Craven, do you know why I can't receive any "updates?" I have to survey the forums to look for new posts

Craven<

I am having the same problem JLNobody describes. I know you'll get things back in shape as you can. Thanks
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 11:06 pm
I am working on this the server "upgraded" itself to a very bad version and I will have to reinstall exim and other mail related software.

This will take a while.

One thing, please do not report problems and submit help requests on old threads.

This only takes up more of my time. This thread is about an issue that was solved and I do not have time to keep tabs on old threads to see if new problems are being reported there.

please inform of new problems on new threads or I won't see it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:03 am
You can also inform of problems by either clicking the Help page and sending a form or sending a PM to the Moderator account. Thanks!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:07 pm
Just to add my two cents -- I. too, have not been rceiving e-mail updates. I thought it might be my server. It ain't getting any younger. Plus, I have AOL which, of course, has a way of screwing up one's mail anyway. It's not exactly schadenfreude but I'm glad to discover it's not just me and my server.
0 Replies