Yahoo messenger login problems

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 07:40 am
No problem. Glad that got sorted out.

If anyone has an account that is blocked I'm interested in accessing it. If you guys can try to create an account and replicate the blockage I'd liek the username and password info.

I don't want access to any accounts with any real or private info so if anyone happens to create a new account and get blocked please let me know.

I just want to have a look at this, as it's hard to trouble shoot in the dark.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 07:44 am
Actually I take that back, I don't want any naive users to think I tricked them into giving a password and blame me for anything. I'll have to live with the curiosity.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 02:20 pm
Blimey! I had problems logging in to Yahoo this am, too - in now, but it was odd. MSN often gives trouble, but Yahoo has always been very smooth.
0 Replies

cyberbikerx

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 03:01 pm
Yahoo Messenger login
Well, I'm back to where I was. Can't login to Messenger again. Yahoo is really fucked up. sheeessshhhh
0 Replies

ncstate

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:52 am
Login Yahoo problems
Hello everyone .. I'm having the same problem as Anita. I keep creating new accounts, and after a while in yahoo chat rooms, yahoo logs me off, then I can't log back in to Yahoo! Messenger saying "Try again". Even after changing the password successfully, it still says "Try again". Again: I can access other yahoo services such as "chat.yahoo.com" and "my yahoo" and "yahoo mail" it's just that I can't log on to messenger. If anyone can help, please do, I'd be very appreciative.
0 Replies

cyberbikerx

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 11:50 am
Yahoo Messenger Login Problems
To everyone that is experiencing problems logging into Yahoo Messenger, especially after being disconnected from Yahoo Chat, but can still log into Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Games:

I also had the same problem, and after a half dozen emails to http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/mesg/cgi_feedback I have received the following reply:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Messenger.

Please be assured that we are aware of this problem and your access to
Yahoo! Messenger and Yahoo! Chat will be restored as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Yahoo! Customer Care

The problem was corrected after a couple days, however, twice since then I had the problem reappear. After emailing Yahoo after each occurence, they sent back the same response and the problem was soon resolved. So, if you can still log into Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Games, but can no longer log into Messenger, the problem is most likely on Yahoo's end and you are at their mercy. Try contacting them at the link I gave above.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 11:59 am
And for the record the automated reply does not mean that a human won't eventually read the email and help you out. Give it at least a week.
0 Replies