Yahoo messenger login problems

abuzerK

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:43 am
Hello there,
I've been using Y! messenger for last couple of years and everything was moving fine but since last 1 week i m not able to log into Y! messenger. Whenever i provide the details to log in, it prompts me to check the password or try again. I can use all other Y! mail services with the same user id and pass. Its only a problem with messenger. When i check the log files, it shows me 'Invalid User' as the server response.

Please help.

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Warm Regards,
Abu K
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,967 • Replies: 66
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:45 am
Have you tried reinstalling all the yahoo software on your puter?
0 Replies

abuzerK

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:51 am
Thanks for the reply buddy.
I've got only messenger installed on my pc and i've already reinstalled it but nothing really worked. Sad

BTW i m not able to log in to my account from any other PC too. Sad

Warm Regards,
Abu K
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:58 am
You can also try connecting through Trillian and if you are able to it will show that it's a problem with your yahoo messenger installation.

You can also try logging in to yahoo web messenger to see if it's a problem on yahoo's end.

Yahoo Messenger Feedback Form (Windows version)

Install Yahoo Messenger
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 03:00 am
If it ends up being a problem on Yahoo's end you should contact them using the form I linked above. Or click here.
0 Replies

abuzerK

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 06:04 am
Thanks a lot buddy for this valuable information. I'll first give a shot at Trillion and if needed would get in touch with Y! guys.

Thanks again Smile

Warm Regards from India,
Abu K
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 06:25 am
No problem, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 11:53 am
She did this to me, too, about a year ago. If all else fails use the 'forgot password' option. She sometimes forgets, but you can get a new password/username almost instantly. Logging in with the new one, you can even reclaim your original
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 12:05 pm
By the way, I have the same problem with my MSN messenger. Sometimes logging on is very smooth, but very often it is absolutely impossible. I have recently installed the new version of the messenger (5.0), but this did not solve the problem either. From the other side, I have no problems with logging on to all other Net.Passport services, including the Hotmail inbox.
0 Replies

abuzerK

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 07:10 am
Roger,
I even tried that but in vain Sad
BTW, i got in touch with Y! guys and they replied me that things would be restored Smile

Thanks Craven Smile

Warm Regards,
Abu K
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 07:18 am
Oh, Boy. Well, you've heard the expression "Yahell!"?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 10:53 am
steissd wrote:
By the way, I have the same problem with my MSN messenger. Sometimes logging on is very smooth, but very often it is absolutely impossible. I have recently installed the new version of the messenger (5.0), but this did not solve the problem either. From the other side, I have no problems with logging on to all other Net.Passport services, including the Hotmail inbox.

Steissd,

Net services are notoriously fickle in recent weeks. Is it a problem that comes and goes or is it steadfast?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 12:01 pm
There are periods of "remission", but the denials of service are much more frequent. By the way, what is wrong with the net services? Are the hackers responsible for this?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 01:44 pm
Not hackers, hackers get blamed for everything these days... LOL

A recent study said that over 4,000 DOS attacks occur every week and Microsoft has been the target of a few spectacular dDOS attacks.

But these generally are short lived and range from a few hours to a day.

The Net. services are flaky because they are a very ambitious project (IMO the most ambitious ever) and the whole point of the thing is to span many sites. Allowing logins from many affiliate sites.

This is a spectacular plan (or "Microsoft Monopoly" attept depending on who you listen to) but has inherent difficulty.

One is that they are integrating many systems and compatibility is always an issue.

.Net hasn't taken hold yet. It's not labeled beta but many consider it to be.

I believe that you can use two different services with MSN messenger one is .NET Passport and the other is "Communications Service" I don't remember the difference between them but I know one has worked for me more frequently than the other.

If you have occasional problems it's most likely standard .NET log in problems.

But check to see if you have the most recent version of Messenger.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 02:15 pm
Thanks for explanation. My Messenger is of the latest, the 5th version. I have downloaded it about a week ago, but this did not solve my logon problems. At the same time, I have no problems with logging on the Hotmail with the same user name and password (this proves that they are valid and do not constitute the essence of the problem).
I wanted to switch to ICQ but it makes my Windows98 stuck too often...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 02:28 pm
You might try trillian, it allows you to connect to ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, MSN and IRC.

I gave the link earlier in this thread.

Since it is a different program it might not crash your box.

ICQ has become bloatware.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 02:35 pm
Thanks, I shall try it out.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 May, 2003 06:47 pm
Just an FYI, voice chat is not available through trillian, just plain text chat.
0 Replies

abuzerK

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 09:34 am
Hello everybody,
It's working fine now Smile. It's a problem at thier end so nothing really to worry about. They might have overcome that.

Thanks again Craven, Roger for all the info.

Warm Regards,
Abu K
0 Replies

sabz1976

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 05:06 am
Hi AbuzerK. I have got the same as your problem. I reviewed the answers to your problem, but I couldn't find the way to solve it. Would you please inform me how you got rid of this problem. By the way, I received a message some days ago telling that I was been hacked. Can this problem be related to that claim?
0 Replies