Lady in the Water

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 10:37 am
Though, I was intrigued by the previews of Shyamalan's latest flick, I can't watch it as it's not showing here. You guys are my only hope. How is it? Please share your critiques.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 877 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 02:48 pm
I don't know if anyone has seen it on the forum, but it's getting really bad reviews:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_in_the_water/
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 02:55 am
If I haven't,or am unable to see a film,my bench-mark is the reviews on IMDB.I have enjoyed M's product so far and will no doubt see this latest offering.It has yet to be released in the UK but I have been reading the reviews posted on IMDB regarding LADY IN THE WATER
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 03:12 am
Oh dear, my friend loves M's work.Better not tell her its had bad reveiws.

I like the trailer, that janitor really intrigues me.I wonder what he is writing.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 09:18 am
The first 20 minutes or so were kind of boring yet still intriguing.

I say first 20 minutes because the theater was so loud (people talking, baby crying, people shaking their popcorn buckets) that I had to leave. I just couldn't enjoy the movie with all that noise.

I'd like to go back and see the rest, though.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 09:23 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

I say first 20 minutes because the theater was so loud (people talking, baby crying, people shaking their popcorn buckets) that I had to leave. I just couldn't enjoy the movie with all that noise.

I hope you complained and got a free ticket!!!

I HATE people that cant shut their flappy mouths up when they get to a cinema.
I cant remember the last film I saw where it was total silence.
I saw Pirates 2 last week and some girls were talking a few rows back and to the side.I gave them a couple of dirty looks which didnt work.Only once have i turned around and say loudly 'will you shut up please'.I havnt done it since as stupidly id feel as tho I was in the wrong.

Apparently the film has mermaids in it!! I definately want to see it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 04:40 pm
It barely did a bit more than $18M the first weekend, falling short of other M. Night openings and way behind "Pirates" and even beat by "Monster House." Not a good sign if the second week drop is significant. He may have a flop on his hands.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 04:29 am
Or a cult hit on DVD.You can't win them all at the cinema,especially opening after such strong films as POTC DMC and Superman Cool
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 04:32 am
excuse me folks...

barry the mod...how nice to see you. I was thinking about you just the other day, and missing your posts. Don't be such a stranger.

sorry for the interruption, please continue.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 04:42 am
material girl wrote:
I cant remember the last film I saw where it was total silence.I saw Pirates 2 last week and some girls were talking a few rows back and to the side.I gave them a couple of dirty looks which didnt work.Only once have i turned around and say loudly 'will you shut up please'.I havnt done it since as stupidly id feel as tho I was in the wrong.

I used to have that problem at my local multiplex,but then I discovered that if you get up early enough and catch the first showing of the day,when these cretins are still in bed,there's only you and half a dozen others who WANT TO SEE THE FILM.It's just like sitting in your own cinema 'cause you have a choice of the best seats in the house :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 06:50 am
Good lord, what kind of management do they have in your theaters? There is one venue in the OC that attracts the opening day teeny bopper nut cases and that's referred to as "Big Newport," the largest screen on the West Coast in Fashion (Facist) Island, Newport Beach. Used to go with some friends that love to go to the opening day of a movie. There were giant baloons being tossed around, a lot of routy noise before the lights went down but as soon as the previews came on, it quited down. If it didn't, the manager actually stopped the film, came out into the auditorium and issued a warning about noise and letting other's enjoy the film. This included a statement that they would eject trouble-makers. The theater was silent through the rest of the movie, and if there was a peep out of any section of the audience, an usher began walking through with a flashlight, passing it over the section where the disturbance originated. That didn't happen often and I only remember one time when any attendees were ejected. Otherwise, the theater experience here has been very good at all the multiplexes, including the new Century facilities. Makes me curious about the areas y'all live in! Very Happy

I think it's been about three time in my lifetime that I've actually reported, along with those around me, a disturbing attendee(s). In each case, the manager threw them out and refunded their ticket money.
0 Replies