Bush and Blair on the phone (transcript): "SH!T"

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:10 pm
Quote:
Bush Swears By Hezbollah

Updated: 12:55, Monday July 17, 2006

President George Bush has been heard using foul language while talking to Tony Blair about the conflict in the Middle East.

Mr Bush failed to realise his remarks were being picked up by a microphone at a summit of world leaders.

He bluntly expressed his frustration with the actions of Hizbollah guerrillas in Lebanon.

"See, the irony is, what they really need to do is to get Syria to get Hizbollah to stop doing this s**t," Mr Bush told Mr Blair in a discussion before a G8 summit lunch.

Mr Bush's remarks were recorded by the summit's closed-circuit television, which was filming the leaders sitting down to eat.

Normally, the images are transmitted with sound that does not allow reporters to pick out individual comments.

But in this case, a microphone clearly recorded the expletive.

The Prime Minister, whose remarks were not as distinct, appeared to be pressing Mr Bush about the importance of getting international peacekeepers into the region.
[Source

Here's the full transcript, as printed in the (London) Evening Standard, Late West End Final, 17.07.2006, pages 10-11:

http://i1.tinypic.com/208ha84.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/208hc9j.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 386 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:16 pm
ok, so the president gets jumped on because he says the word ****, but it's ok for kinky friedman to be gov of tx.

sigh.....

i really don't understand the world.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 05:48 pm
Re: Bush and Blair on the phone (transcript): "SH!T&quo
Quote:
President George Bush has been heard using foul language while talking to Tony Blair about the conflict in the Middle East.

Yeah. Echoing Chai. Big friggin deal. Bush said "****". Who cares? What possible relevance?

Though - it's true - I have to admit, I do find it somehow troubling, in a way I can't quite put my finger on, to find that Bush addresses Tony Blair with "Yo, Blair." :wink:

Cant wait till Bush is retired and puts out his rap CD, where he rhymes us thru the **** and the bling bling he's seen in office.. to hear his diss of Chirac.. Razz
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 06:05 pm
I think I can put my finger on what bothers me about his carriage, and his manner of addressing Blair.

I'm embarrassed for Blair - he's obviously given up all claim to manhood and dignity in favor of being Bush's bitch.

And I'm embarrassed for America - that this is what represents us on the world stage.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 06:44 pm
Laughing

I just like that his private conversation with Blaire was recorded without him knowing it or without him thinking about it.

He certainly can't complain about now, can he?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 12:31 am
At least, Merkle gets the first name treatment.
:wink:

As the Guardian puts it - this conversation is the prove that politicians eventually morph into their carricatures.
0 Replies