how is it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,410 • Replies: 18
No top replies

material girl

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 03:21 am
NO idea but hopefully gona see it this week.

Didnt like the first film, except Jack and the ghosts.Visuals look better in the 2nd one and i hope it has abetter story.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 04:45 am
Saw it the other night.
It was about 30/45 minutes too long.
Great effects on the baddies, they were all made up of sealife, one was a hammerhead shark/man.The ship was old and barnacled.Davy Jones(the main baddy) looked amazing, his head was an octopus and you could feel from the screen how squidgey it was.
Storyline was ok.
I like Jack Sparrows character but I just think Johnny Depp could do so much more with him.Its almost like he is holding back.He only has a silly walk and acts a bit drunk!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 05:11 am
supposedly he fashioned the Sparrow character after Keith Richards. If you watch it with that in mind, it is a really good interpretation.

I thought the one battle scene was too drawn out, but maybe that's just me. Several funny lines, as in laugh out loud even though I don't usually do that in movies.

I liked the extra 30 - 45 minutes of Johnny and Orlando. One of my "Mah Jongg" players at the Clubhouse on Tuesday was saying she had gone to see it cause she has to see everything Orlando Bloom. I peeked around the corner and it was Mable... She's 80 if she's a day. She's a hoot!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 06:51 am
I liked it because I love Johnny. First one was better but they almost always are.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 06:37 am
It was OK as a Movie. Johny boy's Jack Sparrow Rocks! Cool

But Its continued, thats BAD. Can't Wait for the next one.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 10:55 am
One of the BEST cliffhanger endings for ages.Can't wait for part 3 Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:21 am
Had a wonderful nap, except for the couple of times the wife nudged me to make me stop snoring.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 04:59 pm
Can you give me more details than the ship was old and barnacled? I haven't seen it, but my 8 year old did and we're doing POTC2 as her 9th birthday party. We'll be making 2 ships out of boxes and cannonballs out of newspaper and tape to throw as one of the games... Need some more ideas... Colors relating to the 2 main bands of pirates? (Off to find a picture of Jonny Depp to pin something onto, argh...) Candy hammerhead sharks will circle the island cake and ship of ice cream, if that is thematic... Any thoughts?
0 Replies

Italy16

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 12:18 pm
Davey Jones' ship was like normal, except that the bow (front) looked like a long monster mouth and the ship was covered in sea- things
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:42 pm
squinney wrote:
supposedly he fashioned the Sparrow character after Keith Richards.

Rumour is that Keith Richards will be in Pirates of the Caribbean III ~ as Jack Sparrow's father. Very Happy

I enjoyed it, but thought it not as good as the first one. A friend who saw it with me, but hadn't seen the first one thought it was great. Maybe the second always suffers by comparison? Eagerly anticipating the third one, anyway.

One thing that makes it very enjoyable, IMHO, is that the special effects -- awesome as they are -- support and don't overwhelm the story or the actors.
0 Replies

maneater

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 12:13 pm
Havent seen the second one yet. But liked the first one
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 01:23 pm
First one much better. All of the charm of Jack Sparrow has become overdone and cliche in the second.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 01:34 pm
45 minutes too long, IMO. The whole riff with the cannibals could've been omitted. Sparrow's idiosyncracies are amusing for a couple hours but then start to grate, as does the let's-see-what-other-special-effects-we-can-use-regardless-of-whether-it-makes-any-sense feel of the plot.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:04 pm
I like this new one much better, but I think that's Hans Zimmer's fault.

Also, even though we could not see Davy Jones face, I spent about an hour of the film thinking "I know those head, body movements" and suddenly I was sure it was Bill Nighy. (and it was.)
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 08:29 am
I loved the second one, I thought it played up the humor a lot more.
0 Replies

Starr

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:29 pm
You really can't go wrong with a movie that has both Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom, but overall I thought the first movie was better.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 08:49 pm
Starr wrote:
You really can't go wrong with a movie that has both Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom, but overall I thought the first movie was better.

Very true ;-)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:30 am
I was wandering once the 3rd in the Pirates trilogy has been and gone, what theme of film will take over and be as popular?
0 Replies