Great Movie Duels

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:22 pm
The chariot race in Ben Hur could qualify.
0 Replies

xguymontagx

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:43 am
Mad Max V.S. The big dude in the Thuderdome. Two me enter one man leave and all that (what was the big dudes name?)

Darth Maul V.S. Obi wan Kenobi and Gui Gon Jin (reall two duels but I found the whole scene AWESOME) This was the best part of the movie.

Spiderman V.S. Doc Oct. in the second movie. Spidermans abilities were used and explored to perfection.

Luke Skywalker V.S. Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back. Great visuals and had me fantasizing about fighting Vader for years as a kid and adult.

Try almost every one on one fight in the First matrix movie.

Well I know I'm forgetting some other really great ones but five is enough.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 08:20 am
Pee Wee Herman and Francis, in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

I know you are but what am I?

I know YOU are but what am I? etc.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 11:06 pm
High Noon.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 05:57 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Pee Wee Herman and Francis, in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Heh! I thought you were referring to the scene in Francis's Olympic-sized bathtub, which made for a modest duel as well.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:31 am
Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:02 pm
I think John Wayne and Victor McGlauglin in The Quiet Man
must of set some kind of record for length and breadth of their
fight. It's set in Ireland. Wayne wants to marry McGlauglin's sister (Maureen O'Hara) and McGlauglin doesn't want him to do that. They fightall all over the village for one hell of a long time
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 06:54 am
Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston in "The Big Country" as well as the final duel between Peck and Chuck Conners rates a listing here. The first scene of the Peck and Heston encounter was featured on the last Oscars show, poking fun at involuntary (?!) homoerotic scenes in vintage cowboy movies.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 07:33 am
The end dual between Rob Roy (Liam Neeson) and Archibald Cunningham (Tim Roth) was good.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:23 am
"Rob Roy" is absolutely one of the best duel scenes on film, possibly inspired by "Scaramouche."

Another swashbuckler favorite is both the original "The Count of Monte Christo" and the remake with Jim Caviezel and Guy Pierce as Fernand, a deliciously evil villain, the end duel in the high grass is spectacular, but they are mentally dueling throughout the story and we know who prevails!

The final duel between the gladiator and the emperor in "Gladiator."
0 Replies