I Am On a Strict Diet...Starting Tomorrow.

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 02:13 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
, Morningstar Farms makes there really great soy corndogs. I never had corndogs growing up, so I can compare, but my husband ate a whole box of 4 watching TV. They are 150 calories, but when you eat one, you really feel like you ate a whole lot more. I don't eat them every day, but it's a fun mini-meal.

Yuck..corndogs....don't dig the corndogs.

Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 02:14 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
You're body is just not used to the extra fluid.

Within a few days, you're cells will hydrate and you will be able to hold more.

If I were you, I'd stop the heavy fluid intake after 4 or 5 o'clock...you don't want to be getting up all night.

THANK GOD! I am like a pee machine.

I am going to work out at 5:30 so my last bottle of water will be the one immediatly following the workout.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 02:44 pm
No, don't stop drinking water all together after you stop working out...slow it down, but you stil want to stay hydrated. I do the same, I try to drink a gallon throughout the day before the gym, and a little here and there after. Actually, when you're done lifting weights, it's a good idea to drink something with some sugar, like a glass of gatorade.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 08:47 am
Just wanted to check in with you all.

The first two days of my diet went suprisingly well. Yesterday I went a bit over my alloted calories but that's because we went to the Tiger's game and well, I had a beer and some peanuts and then we had steak for dinner (which was fabulous!)

I had brown rice, which I don't like as well as white but for now, that's what I am eating. I don't know if I can go work out today because I have to go to the eye doctor and she's going to dialate my eyes...every time I have this done I get blurry vision for a while. It's at 1:30p today so hopefully everything will be good by 6p, and I can go make it happen.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 09:10 am
I was thinking about what you said about dieting, bella. Today, I have a toothache. My dentist will see me in the late afternoon. I am only on liquids right now. This in itself may cause me to lose one or two pounds.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:08 pm
Bella--

I hope you can make the gym and keep your momentum.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 06:50 am
Well, I didn't make the gym last night so I will be going tonight, tomorrow and Friday. I did walk this morning (1 mile) with my dog.

Friday will be the true test...I weigh in. We'll see if any of THIS has helped. If not, I will just be...ugh, pissed.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:16 am
It's slow and steady, Bella...

I *still* haven't weighed myself, but last time I did I'd gained. At that point it was somewhat ambiguous -- definitely more muscle, but things looking just a bit more toned. The ambiguity is gone and I'm definitely more toned (nothing too drastic yet, but clothes definitely fitting better, etc.) but I haven't weighed myself because the scale still might not reflect it and I don't want to deal with that mental setback.

Unless it's an unbearable financial hardship, there's just nothing bad about working out regularly, and if you do it long enough (and if you're doing what your body needs), there will be results, period.

Hang in there!
0 Replies