Is this all tied in together?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 01:29 pm
Are the planets in alignment?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 01:31 pm
israel is at war, this is news, they've been at war for a few years now haven't they
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 01:37 pm
Not to worry, Bush/Rice have a roadmap to peace. They're looking for in in the glove box as I type.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 01:58 pm
Israeli Leaders' Crimes are Like Nazis'
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 02:17 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Not to worry, Bush/Rice have a roadmap to peace. They're looking for in in the glove box as I type.

Yes, obviously, the Mid-East crisis is Bush's fault. He's probably also responsible for Man's expulsion from the Garden of Eden.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 02:18 pm
The Shrub is responsible for the expulsion from the Garden of Eden ? ! ? ! ?

I didn't know that--but i'm not surprised.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 02:25 pm
"The Roadmap represents a starting point toward achieving the vision of two states,a secure State of Israel and a viable, peaceful, democratic Palestine.
It is a framework for progress towards lasting peace and security in the Middle East..."

--President George W. Bush
Yes Brandon you're probably right and Bush just forgot about his roadmap. Probably under a seat in Air Force 1.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 02:34 pm
dyslexia wrote:
"The Roadmap represents a starting point toward achieving the vision of two states,a secure State of Israel and a viable, peaceful, democratic Palestine.
It is a framework for progress towards lasting peace and security in the Middle East..."

Yes Brandon you're probably right and Bush just forgot about his roadmap. Probably under a seat in Air Force 1.

None of the previous presidents have solved the problem either. Your absurd pinning of the blame for the Mideast crisis on Bush reflects nothing other than your own dislike of him.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 03:17 pm
This is it? This is all the discussion that's going on about this?

Is Iran pulling the strings?

What will happen next?

Is the strategy just another installment in attempts to fail fledgling democracies?

Does Iran think it's the new Soviet Russia?

Is it time to recognize the greater threat... and put Iran on notice that retaliation may well be brought straight to Tehran (Ala Cuban Missile Crisis)?

Who fired the long range missile? It's not like Hezbollah not to brag. If it was Iran, will Israel retaliate? If so, will the U.S. get it in the game? If so, who else will?

This doesn't seem like the normal tit for tat crap. I'm amazed by the lack of discussion over the last few days.

I would love to see Craven De Kere do a list of predictions here (or anyone else that smart).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 03:22 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

None of the previous presidents have solved the problem either. Your absurd pinning of the blame for the Mideast crisis on Bush reflects nothing other than your own dislike of him.

yes, quite rightly, as I was listening to the former ambassador to Israel from the US this morning, he was asked "what has been the Bush policy regarding the Palestine/Israel situation for the past 4 years"? he responded "there hasn't been a Bush Palestine/Israel policy for the past 4 years."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 03:24 pm
I started a thread on this topic yesterday, but no one there is making predictions. It is not axiomatically certain that Iran is pulling any strings here. It is ridiculous to assume that the government of the Lebanon has the ability to interfer with Hezbollah. They are able to deal with Hezbollah members individually outside of areas controlled by the Hezbollah militia, as was demonstrated by an arrest last week. But they can't be expected to effectively intervene in Hezbollah-controlled areas.

But Hezbollah is a much the client of Syria as it is of Iran, and more proximately supported by Syria. If one wants to look for linkages, the one with Syria ought to be more immediate and obvious. If one alleges that Iran gave Hezbollah a medium-range missile, i'd like to know how the hell they physically delivered it. Syria, long a client of the Soviet Union before 1991, undoubtedly has SCUDs or another form of medium-range missile, and as much expertise to modify it or mimic it as the Iraqis showed with their Al Samud missile. It is far more plausible that Syria provided a medium range missile to Hezbollah.

Just because Rex, one of the most wild-eyed, out of touch with reality members at this site is ranting about Iran is not good reason to attempt to drag them into this. There's enough of a problem there without involving military adventurism against Iran.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 03:39 pm
Forget Rex, Set. He's hardly the only one questioning Iran in this. If it was an Iranian Missile; I'd wager it went through Syria anyway.

80 km missile from the Iranian Revolutionary Guard is suspected by Israeli Intelligence. It seems Iran and Syria are in lockstep against Israel anyway, no?

Also, would you post a link to your other topic?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 04:18 pm
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken . . . "
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 06:45 pm
Setanta's thread
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 04:33 am
Thanks darlin... but I guess you know by now, I had already found it. :wink:
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 05:05 am
Re: Israel is at war!
RexRed wrote:
Iran is next.

Are you implying that Israel will mess with Iran without the involvement of the USA? I can't imagine the Israelis facing the Iranian army instead of Palestinean kids with slingshots.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 05:45 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Yes, obviously, the Mid-East crisis is Bush's fault. He's probably also responsible for Man's expulsion from the Garden of Eden.

No, that was Bill Clinton. :wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:02 am
Re: Israel is at war!
Ellinas wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Iran is next.

Are you implying that Israel will mess with Iran without the involvement of the USA? I can't imagine the Israelis facing the Iranian army instead of Palestinian kids with slingshots.

The Palestinians have had more than slingshots... I recall a few busses blown up. That is not quite a slingshot. The Palestinians have had nothing but war on their minds so they will get their war and when Palestinian hate is destroyed there will be peace for the remaining Palestinians.

I am not sure how this will play out exactly.

But nukes are involved and the Americans and Israelis don't like WMD...

Those rockets sent into Israel would have had nukes on them if Iran had been ready with them. This is serious stuff. The "leadership" in Iran's days are numbered.

We should take Irans nukes and blow them up over Russia...

Let the Russians and Putin see what their tax dollars have bought.

Mr Putin has his hands in Iranian oil tainted with the blood of Israelis. What good will oil do Mr putin when he has armed a crazy dictator for a neighbor?

Mr Putin needs to bow down to Allah at gun point a few times to smarten up.
0 Replies