about american football

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:45 am
i'm not into sports in my lif. but lately, i begin to love sports. so will try to learn about sports. to start with, i'll begin with american football. how will i understand this sports? anyone can tell me about it?

should i start with the terms they use in the gmae?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 823 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 10:15 am
wikipedia wrote:
American football, known in the United States and Canada (see the following paragraph for details) simply as football, is a competitive team sport. The object of the game is to advance the football towards the opposing team's end zone and score points. The ball can be advanced by carrying the ball, or by throwing or handing it from one teammate to the other. Points can be scored in a variety of ways, including carrying the ball over the goal line, throwing the ball to another player past the goal line or kicking it through the goal posts on the opposing side. The winner is the team with the most points when the time expires and the last play ends.

more info can be found here...
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 11:14 am
Region Philbis wrote:
wikipedia wrote:
American football, known in the United States and Canada (see the following paragraph for details) simply as football, is a competitive team sport. The object of the game is to advance the football towards the opposing team's end zone and score points. The ball can be advanced by carrying the ball, or by throwing or handing it from one teammate to the other. Points can be scored in a variety of ways, including carrying the ball over the goal line, throwing the ball to another player past the goal line or kicking it through the goal posts on the opposing side. The winner is the team with the most points when the time expires and the last play ends.

more info can be found here...

They call football something played with hands? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 12:54 pm
true enough...

occasionally they do use their feet

http://www.theeagle.com/images/0102/8110_250.jpg
0 Replies