Is the matrix really run by evil Japanese robots?

Monger

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:23 pm
I know The Matrix takes some inspiration from Japanese animation and such, but take
a look at this US poster..
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/poster_2ndt.jpg

It's Japanese. Many of the characters are flipped horizontally, vertically, or rotated 90
degrees, but other than a few odd numbers in there it's all Japanese characters.
Did those Wachowski brothers just think Japanese writing looked cool, or does Sony
really take over the world in the future?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,682 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:26 pm
Hmm, I'm betting they just liked the characters.

Can you read any of the writing? Or is it the Japanese equivalent of Engrish.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:35 pm
As far as I can tell it's just a bunch of random characters not making real words, but I's not all that good at reading Japanese. I'll try to ask someone later if they can read anything at all in there, but it would be difficult as each character is inside out or flipped in a different direction.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:44 pm
Hmm, lots of repetition too. I see the number 2 a lot. I wonder if it's saying "Materixu Twou" he he
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 01:57 pm
lol!
those lines with the number 2 say "shi8hihi5mo2" when the letters are turned the right ways. That's the thing, it makes no sense at all. I guess it's supposed to make sense to the robots who programmed the matrix in japanese though.. Confused
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:09 pm
Ahh, then I bet it's just reverse Engrish.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 02:19 pm
You must free your mind to understand Smile
0 Replies