Texas says "Kinky" can be on ballot

Chai

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 07:16 pm
Just an aside...

I was at the drive through at the bank today, and this chickie babe in front of me had a big 'ol "My Governor is a Jewish Cowboy" sticker on her rear window.

She was having a real hard time figuring out how that tricky tube thingie worked. You know, the cannister that you stick your money in, and push a button that says "SEND"?

Just couldn't seem to get the hang of it.

oy vey.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:08 am
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:18 am
Seems they are beginning to take him seriously. Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:22 am
The story's calculated to keep him down in the polls. I'm a Chris Bell supporter, but it seems likely Perry will get the win.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:31 am
edgarblythe wrote:
The story's calculated to keep him down in the polls. I'm a Chris Bell supporter, but it seems likely Perry will get the win.

... speaking of which: what are Texas polls saying these days?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:44 am
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:47 am
edgarblythe wrote:
This is the newest I could find on the Houston Chronicle site:

-snip-

Rasmussen had independent Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn in second place at 22 percent; Democrat Chris Bell in third place at 18 percent; and independent Kinky Friedman in fourth at 16 percent.

Zogby had Bell in second with 25 percent; Friedman at 22 percent, Strayhorn at 11 percent

Wow -- how often do you have a real four-way race? Sounds like Perry's in the lead but the Strayhorn-Friedman-Bell pack are actually nipping at his heels.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:49 am
If there was just one opponent, Perry could be beaten. As it is, I have to throw in the towel already.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:50 am
edgarblythe wrote:
This is the newest I could find on the Houston Chronicle site:

Thanks -- and as Sozobe says, wow indeed.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 11:51 am
If I lived in Texas i would vote for Kinky and hope he lost.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 12:08 pm
I like Kinky very much. I also like my Uncle Henry very much. I wouldn't vote for either of them.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 02:28 pm
Did any fellow Texans watch the debate last night?

It was like watching a train wreck.

The "kinkster" totally lived up to my expectations of a twitching, all hat, no cattle fool.

Whenever he was asked for his plan his response was "whatever it takes, whatever it takes" Rolling Eyes

At one point he even pouted that "everyone here is ganging up on me."

Strayhorn (sp) kinda came across as a used car salesman with an education.

Rebuttals amongst Strayhorn, Perry and Bell amounted to "you are 100% incorrect in what you just said about me."

All three of them had a hard time keeping a straight face when Friedman was up to bat.

Seriously, all he did was spout cliches.

The main topics that came up were illegal immigration, property taxes, TAX test and education and the (I forget what this road is called, sorry) this huge road system that is being built in preparation of increasing populations, but will be running through ranch land.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 03:52 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Did any fellow Texans watch the debate last night?

I didn't, but I'd be interest to watch it on the web if it appears somewhere. The usual Google / YouTube searches brought up nothing so far, so if any of you Texans could share insider knowledge of any TV or radio stations to check, I'd be grateful.

Meanwhile, Chai, thanks for your update!
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 04:19 pm
Kinky came in looking like he was ready to go trick-or-treating, but, when all was said and done, the contrast helped expose the others as the usual, pre-programmed, 'tell 'em what they wanna hear' politicians that they are. Well done, Kinky.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 05:48 pm
What did he say that made you think he did a good job echi?

He couldn't answer questions....he hemmed and hawed....when he finished talking he still had time left so he had to fumble for those remaining seconds.

He brings up memories of the Alamo, says things like....whatever it takes...(as said above)...

when the subject of his racial insults was brought up, his response almost made me fall off the sofa "I was raised my a black lady in Houston" Jesus Christ...didn't your white mother raise you? That is such a cop out. Like all of a sudden the woman who cleaned your kitchen and cooked your familys dinner was responsible for "raising" you.

When asked who would be on his staff, he had no answer until the questioner brought up and asked who on his campaign staff now...

To that he responded "My campaign staff is a group of young and irritable people" trying to be funny I suppose....I guess we were supposed to laugh that his followers are "irritable" Also, when pushed, he finally said that there was a campaign worker named "frank from atlanta" who would be on his staff....oh, by the way, he found it necessary to mention frank was black Rolling Eyes

This man wants to appeal to the proletariat...he thinks looking "homey" in his casual attire and stinky cigar makes him appealing. I say if he can't respect the people of Texas enough to dress appropriately and at least take off his damn cowboy hat when indoors, he has no place running the state.

Is that what that black woman in Houston raised him? To keep his hat on inside and not even where a tie to a business event?

Oh, and his giving his definition of politics as....It come from two words, "poly" meaning "many" and the 2nd parts as a bunch of blood sucking parasites...come on...if I was sitting there drinking my 4th beer that might seem funny, but what's that got to do with the price of bananas? He doesn't have anything to say, so he makes jokes.

I have the debate recorded, but honestly don't feel like looking at it now.
If you can point out a question and response that particularly impressed you, I'd go back sometime in the next day and jot down his response.

He's long on folksy joking, but has no specific plans.

If I'm wrong echi....point out something he said that he could be actually pinned down on.

I was thinking about the "tell them what they want to hear" aspect, but (a) at least the others where telling us something, and (b) Friedman was also saying what we want to hear and expected him to say.

He need to go home and write another book or something, which, when he loses, I'm sure he'll do....all about his political adventures.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 06:29 pm
I would never have dreamed so much mileage was to be be had out of one stupid article....hehe!

I feel like such a troll. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 07:15 pm
If you was a Texan, reyn, you would know this is serious stuff here. We just had two clowns in a row for governor. Surely we don't want a third.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:07 pm
Quote:

See my previous post.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:32 pm
echi wrote:
Quote:

See my previous post.

nuh uh....sorry echi, but that's a cop out. That's no answer to my question(s)

be specific....what subject was presented....immigration, taxes, education where Friedman had any type of specific grasp of the problem, had a well thought out process to implement, and any idea of when or how he would reach a goal.

He didn't make the others look bad, he made himself look like a fool.

Tell me, what exactly IS his plan for anything beyond hiring Willie Nelson or "doing whatever it takes", whatever that means?

Where was the substance?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:51 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
If you was a Texan, reyn, you would know this is serious stuff here. We just had two clowns in a row for governor. Surely we don't want a third.

We have our share of clowns here, too. A regular circus, one might say. Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:29:30