Annika Sorenstam

husker

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 06:47 pm
Thank You - Annika Sorenstam

well we're going to have to rethink the men's and women's thing for Golf!!

The last woman to play on the PGA Tour was Babe Zaharias in 1945. The last time there was this much interest in one round was when Woods made his professional debut in the 1996 Greater Milwaukee Open.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,747 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mckenzie

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 06:51 pm
One over par. Not bad. She'll do better tomorrow and make the cut.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 08:39 pm
Annika is a damn good player but I don't think her name is going to be in the PGA record books for much. She MIGHT make the cut tomorrow but with all the hype surrounding this I think people are expecting to much. The Colonial is played on a long course and her 245 yard drives give her a serious handicap playing on that type of course. Add the heavy press coverage and people acting like she's some sort of savior well.. That can be an awful lot of distraction for anyone.

In the end I hope she does well but I don't expect her to be in the top 20 come Sunday...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 22 May, 2003 10:00 pm
Give it time, this is just a start. I think it was Tiger that said she needs many attempts. She is gutsy, and I loved her antics after she first teed off!!!!!!!!

Go Annika, Go
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 06:14 am
I'm not a golfer and I have a profound disinterest in the Sporting World. Still, I'm cheering for Annika.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 23 May, 2003 08:35 am
fishin' - the drives haven't been her problem; it's her short game that's killing her. (crikey, am i talking about golf? no wonder they let her play...)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 04:07 pm
Just a note - since the Colonial, she has won two straight tournaments, one being a major. I'm sure that anyone who really cared to come to this thread and read this probably knew it anyway.
0 Replies