Not photogenic, or just ugly?

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 08:57 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Shocked So it was you who took the photos of my a$$! I knew the truth would come out eventually!

Laughing It isn't what I was aiming at, but guilty as charged.

Quote:

It's true Gus. As hot as she is in photos, she is much hotter in person. Perhaps you should attend the next gathering.

Thank you, dahling. You're no slug yourself.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 12:07 pm
J_B wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Shocked So it was you who took the photos of my a$$! I knew the truth would come out eventually!

Laughing It isn't what I was aiming at, but guilty as charged.
Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 01:28 pm
I've heard it said that people with very expressive faces look worse in pics than in real life, I suppose because the camera tends to capture you whilst you have the most freakin' stupid expression on your face that you possibly could and freeze you like that for all time...While in real life, that stupid expression was just part of some charming little bit you were doing, that was cute if you saw the whole thing...Or that's what I tell myself anyway...

Seriously, I think that does play a part: if you're around someone and watching them in motion, you get kind of an overall impression of their looks -- you don't just see them frozen in one expression.

Really, I'm NOT as stupid looking in real life as I am in photos, I don't care what you say, Slappy. nyaaah.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:04 pm
Expressive... and animated... yeah, that's it! Thanks cyphercat, I think you've hit on something. Very Happy
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:05 pm
J_B wrote:
Expressive... and animated... yeah, that's it! Thanks cyphercat, I think you've hit on something. Very Happy

See! Us expressively-faced people must stick together...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:09 pm
I'd send you a smooch but Lash might be looking.

<[size=7]smooch[/size]>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:14 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Then a girl I've been dating is absolutely gorgeous and gets hit on while I'm f'n with her, while she just looks average in some pictures.

Who should give Slappy the news? :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:16 pm
J_B wrote:
I'd send you a smooch but Lash might be looking.

<size>

Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:32 pm
A lot of the Hollywood publicity photos and even the movie direction would be set up to have the most flattering view of the performer's face. Some angles just work better for regular folks too. I have a friend who does not photograph well, in real life she's a real looker, so it's not all hooey.
0 Replies

handsome guy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 04:25 pm
@material girl,
because photos are real, attractive people on photos are the most attractive people in real life too.. unfortunately the world is mostly full of average people, which in most cases are deluded brainwashed morons.. they think beauty is what is in magazines, and secondly ALOT of these average commoners overate themselves, in other words they are deluded... when they look in the mirror they think they look better than they really are.. but then they see themselves in a photo and they blame the camera lol.. ofocurse now and then EVERYONE has bad photos, but if overall you are non photogenic, then clearly you arent really that attractive but in real life, the personality and body adds to make them more attractive...

for example, if a girl dressed like a slut wore loads of make up and had a personality which said she was easy to jump into bed with men, and flirted alot.. men would obviously think she was hotter than the genuinely pretty girl that was reserved.... I happen to be special and i always spot the genuine reservedd beautiful girl while the other common men are busy chasing the ugly slut....

its exactly the same when people think they are great singers when they sing to themselves. then one day they hear a recording of themselves and claim it doesnt sound like them because it sounds like crap... which is funny cause it sounds the same to other people.....

its called being deluded it is scientifically proven, i see these people all the time, they annoy the hell out of me... cause they THINK they are supper hot and look at you as if you are ugly... but the truth is vice versa adn they are merely average/ or in some cases even UGLY
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 05:53 pm
@handsome guy,
handsome guy wrote:
I happen to be special

I'll bet your mom tells you that all the time.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 09:06 am
@handsome guy,
handsome guy wrote:
i always spot the genuine reservedd beautiful girl

Perhaps these beautiful girls are only "reserved" around you.

I remember how chaste every single girl was in high school, when I was a gawky, 90-lb heartthrob looking for love, not that I would have known what to do had I found it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 09:12 am
@handsome guy,
handsome guy wrote:
I happen to be special

So you rode the short bus to school, huh?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 09:13 am
@handsome guy,
handsome guy wrote:
. . . cause they THINK they are supper hot . . .

They think they're a pot roast?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 10:34 am
@handsome guy,
We would very much love to see a photo of yourself in all your handsome glory! Would you please grace us with such a pleasant image? (I can't wait! Smile )
wmwcjr

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 05:04 pm
@wmwcjr,
Wait a minute, folks. I just discovered handsome guy's identity in real life; so, I've taken the liberty to post a photo of him myself (see below).

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/R/Mitt-Romney-241055-2-402.jpg
Gargamel

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:53 am
@wmwcjr,
So, Romney's visage alone, completely separate from what apparently passes for his personality, has always left me a very distinct impression, and I wonder if anyone shares it.

The impression is two-fold:

1. He looks like your high school buddy's dad who confides you on a completely inappropriate level when that buddy leaves the room, either talking **** about his wife or telling a racist joke: "Hey, why can't black people eat Tootsie Rolls?"

2. He looks like he doesn't wipe properly.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 11:09 am
@Gargamel,
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/12/8ad1a6ae-eb7b-4f41-9478-a9a13bf76b48.jpg
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 07:37 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Photography is about control over light. That is it. Digital photography makes it a tad bit easier but you still have to understand the fundamentals, and how your camera works. The best phone-camera was the Lumia 1020 ( and it's lesser known cousin )

beyond want a clean look at yourself. Go in the bathroom with a good camera, point the flash up ( this will make the light bounce ) and take a picture of yourself.

The light will bounce so many times every inch of you will light up. Most people think they are ugly because of dark/light spots but those could be taken care of via many ways over-time. Acne is also easy to get rid of. However things like depression, stress, and bad-health is never any good for anybody at all.

Point being ( again ) chinese-face-reading ( look it up ) , defines the emotions of you. Even an terrible person with tons of imperfections can look good ( if they feel good ).
Mame

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 08:16 pm
@PoliteMight,
Why don't you create your own threads instead of dredging up a decade old one? Or better yet, find a better forum for your weirdness.