how about yours??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,030 • Replies: 11
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 09:38 am
About 10/15 yers ago a cinema ticket was £2.95.
Now on a good day its £4.95 but normally its £6.25.

I think if it gets any higher people will just get satelite TV and wait to watch it on TV.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 10:43 am
Going to the movies is ridiculously expensive.

$9 a person = 2x = $18

Plus popcorn and pop = Giant vat of each = $13

Total price for 2 people to see a movie = $31 at best
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 11:54 am
I can't remember the last time that I went out to the movies. I subscribe to Blockbuster Online, so I have films "coming out of my ears". The last few times that I did go to the movies, I found the sound so intense, that it was very uncomfortable for me. Besides, I seem to attract yakkers who love to sit next to me and make comments throughout the film.

Like it much better to see a movie at home. I have no burning desire to be the first one on my block to see a movie, so I can wait until it comes out on DVD.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:46 am
In a South East London Odeon Multiplex I pay between £6 and £7.50,depending on the "quality" of the film and the time of day.
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 05:44 am
€ 6.60 max.

So that's US$ 8.25 ...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:44 am
Around the OC at the best cineplexes like Century (with THX pic and sound), it's around $6.00 for matinees and seniors, $10.00 regular admission. Don't remember the kid's ticket prices but they're likely around the matinee price.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:57 am
Haven't been to a movie theater since dunno when. Once in a while, I'll grab a PPV off satellite, or rent - sometimes even buy - a DVD soon after release, but generally I'm content to wait for most stuff to show up on one of the premium movie channel packages I pay for - I have 'em all.

My livingroom offers better picture and sound - along with zoom, pause and repeat - more comfortable seating, no parking hassle, no screaming kids or cell-phone babbling teens, and the snacks and beverages are cheaper, better, and lots closer than you're gonna find at any cineplex.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:05 am
I go to matinees when the kids are in school. Like you, timber, my sound system sounds better than home and I have the hi-def movie channel. They've been booking some great films, recently "2001" followed by "2010" which look better than a DVD even though the original film is hardly hi-def. I did see "Batman Begins" in IMAX and I supposed it was hi-def film but I don't remember. That was a matinee which, as I remember, was about as much as an evening ticket price even for seniors.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:10 am
is iMax worthwhile?
never been to one...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:12 am
iMax is pretty neat when done right and with good material to begin with - I've been to several, and the experience has varied.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:31 am
IMAX documentaries are generally worth it. "The Polar Express" in 3-D IMAX was outstanding as far as a major Hollywood release. The new Superman is only partially in 3-D so you're told to put the glasses on-and-off. They are rather large and cumberson. I enjoyed "The Return of the King" at the Century cineplex near Disneyland in THX and thought it was just a good a theater experience.
0 Replies