Waggery AI talk to a bot online!

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:21 pm
Well, although she only takes legal drugs, she'd like to smoke pot with me ... but now, when it gets serious, she's talking in circles.
(And I can't stand two smokes the same time at my age anymore :wink: )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:32 pm
dlowan wrote:
Why is that poor goddamn baby sweating? Is his nappy dirty, or what? Do something about it already, it's driving me nuts!

The sozlet was very concerned about that, too. "Is he crying? Why?" [Looks at screen for a moment, tilts head, looks sad.] "Why is he crying, Mama?"

I assured her that he was fine, and clicked New Posts. Shocked
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:35 pm
He he, so I could scare the sozlet by using a big green monster? he he he

What does she think about LW's avatar?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:38 pm
Doesn't really pay attention.

ehBeth's is probably her favorite, but she likes all the doggies'. This is the first one that has concerned her. Very Happy Oh wait, she does a double take with farmerman's too, but only for a second.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:40 pm
What about my bug eyed one? If I know the sozlet is watching I'm gonna make something cute. She likes bears right?

Nemind, I ain't using a bear!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:43 pm
Well, at least that poor baby ain't sweating any more!

Did you change him? Please say you did!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:44 pm
The bug-eyed one makes her eyes bug. Then she looks at the screen for a long time. Then she looks at me. I say, "what?" Then she kinda points to the screen and looks confused. Then I refresh. Then her eyes bug. "THAT!"

She likes animals, of pretty much any kind. Animation will always catch her eye.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:48 pm
Now she's laughing at it.

By the way, dlowan made me have a conversation with the sozlet that I didn't plan on having for a while:

sozlet: A bunny!

me: Yep!

s: What's it doing?

me: Hmm...?

s: What's that? [points to cigarette]

me: A cigarette.

s: What's a cigawet?

me: It's something that some people like.

s: Can I have one?

me: Ummmmmmmmmm....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:57 pm
Shocked Embarrassed

...slinks off....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 05:07 pm
'Man I remember the first time my brothers saw me smoking. I wanted to crawl under a rock!

Now I'm refreshing and laughing soz!
0 Replies

Ambassador

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 04:09 pm
Craven, this bot stuff is addicting. I've been talking to Alicia for I don't know how long now.
0 Replies

nswt

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:40 am
dont know if this has come up
not goin' to go through six pages+ of messages while i am in college and/or with a broken p.c,but i am doing an a.i project and geez doesn't this look a little too much like alice?
as in the world famous ALICE foundation?
right down to the way she answers to "are you an artificial intellegence?"
with "Yes i am an artificial intellegence".
Razz.
interested to know if you have taken his work to improve it,and if you have permission, or if it is something completely different that you have simply taken the picture from alice for...
or if you are the person who made it,but posted it here as well.
it seems a bit odd is all.
cheers, see you, it's a really good bot though, i believe it even won a turing award...no?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:52 am
Yes, it's ALICE, yes ALICE won a turning award.

Yes I have permission to alter it, everyone does.

Right now it's lost most of the changes as it's just being remotely hosted.
0 Replies

nswt

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 05:55 am
o.k, i retract that.
oh, cool, i had no idea, where can you get the code from *chuckles* see the envy?
well congrats to you then, and nice to meet you, sorry to be so damned unaware of whats goin' on.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:04 am
Here's a PHP version, my old bot was based on this code: http://www.rydell.com/programe/
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:34 am
I asked her: 'Do you spit or swallow?' and she told me 'I have no digestive functions', which I thought was a good answer!
0 Replies

KnyteTrypper

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 08:15 am
Bots Bots Bots
Hello. KnyteTrypper here, bot enthusiast. The ALICE program is open source GNU Public License software, which means it is free to download, have, use, distribute, and even tinker with if you'd like. All software developers should be so kind. Alicia Waggery is an interesting bot, and seems to have been provided with many opportunities for Craven to personalize her program, thanks to input from all you good folks. I have an interesting site full of bots, too. Since I can't post it here, myself, someone else go visit so you can list it as a cool place to visit, lol. Craven, did you know about the new Annotated ALICE AIML set just released in August? It is significantly different from the 2002 set you're using here, and somewhat improved. The only way to get a working set, presently, seems to be to join the beta test group at Pandorabots, and choose to create a bot from there, which provides you a new bot with a working set. The set available from Alicebot seems to be a bit buggy, yet, I couldn't get it to upload to a Pandorabot. There seems to be a lot of folks here who are interested in bots, or at least delighted by them, so although I can't list my site (I see the Program E guy listed his) I'll let you folks know about The Chatterbot Collection which is the most complete bot resource page on the internet. Anyone interested in bots needs to know about this site, as it is truly a labor of love. Well, that's about it for now. I'm glad I found this place, I hope to have many lively discussions, here. G'day.
0 Replies

TetsuoDowntime

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 07:31 am
"How are you?"
"I'm doing fine thanks how are you?"
"I'm like Tony the Tiger."
"In what way?"
"I'm grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!"

she didn't get it. all bots should know of Tony the Tiger! =P
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 11:43 am
so, err ... dumbo question coming up.

When i start typing some letters (like "wha"), this menu pops up of stuff thats been filled in(to a field) before. An auto-complete function, really. Interesting stuff comes up, in fact ... {frowns}.

So what I was wondering, was, are these "auto-complete" suggestions stuff that was once filled into a field on this computer - or stuff thats been typed into the talk-with-alicia field by other users of the site?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 11:50 am
nimh wrote:

So what I was wondering, was, are these "auto-complete" suggestions stuff that was once filled into a field on this computer - or stuff thats been typed into the talk-with-alicia field by other users of the site?

Auto complete is a windows function and it will return the saved history of what you have entered into forms with the same input name.

For example two identically named form fields from different sites can draw from the same data. e.g. your email address can be called up from "auto complete" on a site you've never visited.

So it's input from your computer, but not necessarily input you submitted to that form.

When I start hosting bots again I will disable auto complete on that form.
0 Replies